Petzl id

Hey guys I got a question I’m using a petzl id and I have been haveing slippage after I lock off I been looking on the web and can’t find anything so I look to the pros for help anything would be helpful . petzl is new to me for I have been using a 4 bar rack untill now thanks in advance

@Ericehlers maybe can help…

Slippage is a sure sign that your Petzl ID is getting close to its retirement. Other factors that could cause slippage is dirty ropes, wet ropes, overly worn rope sheath etc. Petzl has put a wear indicator on the Petzl ID to help you to see if it needs retired. You can find a diagram in your technical manual(you read that right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) to shows where this wear indicator is located.

4 Likes

Thank you I will look in to that

sure sign that your boss is putting oil on your id to make you clean faster! Gotta clean fast when you can’t stop and pause at a window!

(Also, what @Ericehlers said. I’ve never used the id but I’ve sold a lot of them in a previous job and they have a lifespan… like all PPE)

2 Likes

make sure the size of the rope you are using is compatible with the ID.
When my old boss would buy the 11mm coz it was cheaper it was always a problem

1 Like

I will look in to that today

I asked my employer were using 13 mm and I believe that’s the thickest rope compatible with the id

Oh my goodness, trash the ID/Rig and never use it again.

We have gone through 4 of them for me to realize they are going to bankrupt our company because we can’t afford to include them in job costs.

I don’t know how long you have used yours, ours have only lasted the corse of 3 jobs before they passed the wear indicator. Using them as your main decent device daily, plan on spending $300+ per month. I swear I am going to make a video here soon ranting about how terrible they are and encouraging people to save their money. My experience purchasing them, using them and talking with Petzl about their terrible product was the all time worst :rage: Our employees refuse to use it because after a month they start slipping and more than once, it failed them to where their ASAP engaged :flushed:

There was an article that talked about the rack being the only economical decent device, so just stick with it!