Phobic 2 Phylic Every Time

I have about seven videos on the Glass Smart Product Development YouTube Channel. Been promising you guys this stuff for over a year now. Finally making it happen. Hoping you enjoy!

If you do please Subscribe! It helps me get more perks from Google!

Henry
[email protected]

@Henry, wasn’t sure if you get notifications from PWR; there’s a thread over there I was hoping you could check out:

Hi Alex,

You know I have even just bought a little PW machine. Think about 3,000 psi. But don’t want to get into the chems. I would like to somehow convert to a second feed using alkaline water. Thinking this would be the most safe. Seen way too much damage from PW chems on glass. Of course we would clean the windows immediately after. But it takes six hours to do a house right?. By the time you get to the opposite side hours would have gone by. I have seen damage done to the glass in thirty minutes!

Have you done any work with Alkaline water? I have done some research on this technology. But would like to partner with you on it. Thinking it would be a fun project. And you might want to get into sales too. Don’t know.

What do you think of this?

https://zerorezsocal.com/can-alkaline-water-really-clean-your-carpets/

If it takes 6 hours to clean a house, you’re doing it wrong (no offense) :joy:

Most houses I do take between 45 minutes to 2.5 hours.

Never did anything with alkaline water. I remember there was a guy on here who was really into that a few years ago. Fascinating stuff. I think the difficulty was maintaining any alkalinity with purified water. I think he was using some salt water solution for the high ph cleaning and then rinsing with pure water that was more or less neutral ph.

I’m not afraid of using chems. Mostly Sodium Hypochlorite (bleach) and mild soap.

I upsell wfp window cleaning to most of my pw customers. It goes so quick, and the windows come sooo clean 95% of the time with just light agitation and a quick rinse. It’s a match made in paradise :grin:

1 Like

Got ya Alex! I know you know what you are doing so wouldn’t have a problem. Just watch out for the Barc 9 One Restore and glass etchants like HF. I am going to look into alkaline water commercial production machines. They would take your di/ro water and jack the pH to about 9 or higher by altering the hydronium/hydroxide ratio. Wondering what the overall cost would be.

Henry

The alkalinized water thing is really fascinating. I’m not sure whether it could have a practical application for power washing, though. The shear volume of water used in a day of power washing would make it difficult to implement. But keep me updated on what you find.

I’ve got a friend who has a carpet cleaning business. I might ask him if he’s ever heard of using high alkaline water, and if he knows whether it actually works.

Been doing a little research. It absolutely is used for industrial cleaning. Carpet cleaning and whole motels. But uses a different name. It is called electrolyzed water. Not ionized. How many gallons per hour do you use for PW? Possibly WFP work would be more practical. Hit it once with alkaline water than rinse. The pH goes up to 12 and higher. That is powerful. But very eco friendly. I think the technology has been proven. It is just a question of cost per gallon. Also the cost of the machine.

Henry

1 Like

I’ve got a 5.6 gpm pressure washer. Many fulltime pressure washers use 8 gpm or larger machines.

I might use 300-500 gallons to wash a house. Roughly 1/4-1/3 of that is for the soap. So we’d be looking at using 100 or more gallons to treat a whole house with electrolyzed water.

Now, that sounds an awful lot like bleach. Anything with a ph of 12 is going to be corrosive, even electrolyzed water. So precautions would still be needed with how it is handled and applied.

From what I understand, sodium hypochlorite biodegrades rather quickly into water and salt.

Got it Alex. Thanx for the stats! It always comes down to the numbers.

Henry