Pimping Your Unger 0° Swivel

I have two Unger zero degree swivel handles. In one I have a 18" and the other 12" channel, both of which I use for poling in special situations.

I did have to file a little plastic away so that the zero degree handle would accommodate the channels. It works like a charm though. But I won’t be buying any more Soren rubber since I got my 18" Ninja so I’ll probably just use Unger brass channels in the Unger zero degree handle swivel from now on. That is unless Unger comes out with a zero degree swivel Ninja squeegee.

So it is possible to “pimp” it so a wide body channel will fit. I had just ordered one before I thought about it accommodating the channels I use. I also won an unger ninja so if it all works out then maybe I will just toss a ettore channel in it and only use the rounded rubber. Thanks for the info Nuvudude.

Justin, yeah Unger zero degree can be pimped for the /Slayer/Pickles and they are a fantastic coupling. Unfortunately the Ninja channel isn’t a good match for the Unger zero degree handle at all.

Nuvudude,

Do have any pictures of your handle’s, I don’t want to file to much or the wrong part. Thanks

Justin, I’m sorry that I have just now seen your post. I don’t have any pics of my Unger zero degree with slayer channels. Very little filing is needed to make the Unger zero degree a match for the slayer channels.

Just file enough plastic away from the upper clamp of the squeegee where the top (back) part of the slayer channel meets it. If you don’t file a little away from this spot the angle of the channel is way off. File just a little until the slayer will seat in the handle at a nice angle.

Saweeeet! Man I cannot wait to pimp out my Unger zero degree!

Contour Pro?! Yeah… junk. Those things are not made to last, don’t get me started.

But the Unger zero is one of our most favorite tools, this will be really a nice fix for sure. Thanks!

Just wanted to say “Thanks!”.
It took me all of 5 minutes to accomplish the zero degree mod.

As the McD’s commercials sing… “I’m love’n it” :slight_smile:

Glad you’re lovin it!

Bend a brass handle flat and make your own.

Merv,
Sounds like the original zero degree Ettore handle. Those were the days.

Would it be extra-long in length? That fits the size of my hands best.

Would it have the contours and grip of the ErgoTec design? I enjoy those ergonomic features.

Would it have a quick-release feature? Besides the Ninjas I just received – thanks for the quick service (again!), WCR – I use Unger stainless.

The one and only original. We didn’t have many tools.
If you want it flat, step on it.

Thanks for the tip!
Pimped in less than 5 minutes.

1 Like

Thanks for your post and explanation Mark. Great to get info from the horses mouth, so to speak.

Thanks for all the posts. There is a reason we don’t put the quick release spring onto the Zero Degree Swivel loc. When using the Zero degree with a pole and closing out a window with a deep ledge, the spring can interfere with the window frame as it sticks out beyond the base of the squeegee. The spring would hit the frame or sill and prevent a clean close out on the side or bottom of the window. Therefore we have always used a clip type locking mechanism - which we know is a pain. If you don’t use the Zero degree for pole work just replace the locking plate with the Ergo Tec spring - this will give you the quick release feature.

Good luck.

Mark

I modded the 0 degree with the s spring. I would post pictures, but the forum won’t let me

Has anyone used this mod recently? Would this quick release kit be the correct one?

https://shopwindowcleaningresource.com/ettore-quk-rel-hande-kit.html

Yes that’s the one Daniel…since I was taking a pic for you other thread here’s the modification for the zero degree handle, notice I shaved down the righting knob to make it more friendly.

3 Likes

Yes

You can also just use a plain Ettore back plate with out the Ettore quick release. That quick release mechanism is made for an Ettore handle and it didn’t sit just right in the Unger handle. Of course that would bug me. So i snuged a regular back plate down tight. It grips the channel just right so it doesn’t move but you can still pull it out without loosening it. I’ve had mine that way for years.

3 Likes

Thanks, guys! Hopefully with this mod I’ll end up loving this handle as much as you do.

2 Likes