PolznBladz addresses a few challenges

LOL… I feel his pain :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/zl7JZntem2Y

4 Likes

I really enjoyed this video :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My question is why is it that he always seems to think it’s an operator error whenever anyone criticizes the design? There are issues with it that need to be addressed. Just address them and move on. Everyone’s happy.

2 Likes

This. I’m not saying the design isn’t usable, cause I use it and I like it a lot.

But there is a difference between working within the limits of a particular design, and a design oversight that causes issues. I highly doubt that handle was designed with the intent that it would slide around with a bit of a bump.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s a simple fix. Why not just fix it instead of telling everyone their using it wrong. I made a comment on his YouTube channel on a video and he made the comment that he isn’t a sloppy window cleaner and is a detailed cleaner. Lol. He basically accused me of being sloppy. I would run circles around that dude cleaning Windows.

He’s a nice guy but he doesn’t take criticism well. What’s funny is those criticizing are doing so because they like the overall design and want to use it but have problems with some of the design flaws.

2 Likes

judging by the wear on the tools it appears he prefers using the Unger gear as his everyday tools !

I’d posit there is more to it than that. If he stands to profit from Moerman’s sales of this new tool, then he is probably subject to the “say no evil” rule.

A similar situation exists in Hollywood. Ever hear a director admit fault with his own film while it’s still in theaters?

2 Likes

Because it is? Hey Travis, if you feel that Bob doesn’t take criticism well, buy a few Wagtails, and comment on those…I’m sure The manufacturer would bend over backwards to sort any issues :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No that’s a stretch Samuel. Being one of the testers of the prototype the only request made by Moerman was to give them feedback only or share any issues that arose with other testers. As to the final products there is no restriction to open criticism. The little clip mod is a case in point. The tool is not perfect by any means (what tool is) but it’s very very good. I find it much more versatile than than my shed full of Wags and that is the tool, if any, that it needs to be compared to. I posted this video here because the points raised by him, with some humour, are absolutely spot on. I was the one who nutted out and suggest the fix for the sliding issue. Interestingly I find that once the gloss wears off the channel and handle jaws it no longer seems to be an issue (I only ever had an early issue with an 18" channel). I posit that to further shore up this already fine design the ONLY points that need to be included in future releases are 1. Rubber retention at clip ends (a simple small clip along the line of the green plastic Unger ones would suffice) 2. A positive stop/indent at the centre of the channel to give extra purchase for the handle 3. A rubber, optimised for dog eared channels, bearing in mind that all rubber will wear against wooden or old frames.

1 Like

While i dont have this particular blade i have been reading the threads in relation to it.Now that it is no longer a prototype should nt moerman be taking a step back and listening to all window cleaners that use it rather than just the select few that tested the prototype??

1 Like

Yes, simple fix. Small machined indent in the dead centre of each channel. Have a look at the inside of the handle jaws and you’ll not that there are small raised segments (3, each end and centre) on the top jaw plate)… Moerman will no doubt address this in future channel batch releases, but as of now I doubt that any manufacturers would recall thousands of channels to grind a small groove in each one. To me it’s no biggie, but hey, each to their own…

1 Like

Look I’m not requesting Moerman recall anything. It’s a great tool but lets not be too arrogant to accept some honest criticism. It’s just foolishness to criticize guys who are just giving honest feed back. And accurate feedback I might add. No one is saying it’s a piece of crap. It could just use a few adjustments in the design.

You guys act your mom designed the tool!

1 Like

Well there goes my conspiracy theory.

This would be #1 for me. I don’t mind the zip ties and duct tape nearly as much as I dislike the sudden and complete failure of my squeegee rubber after a couple hours of use.

They are, that’s why you have Liquidator 2 and testing for further small refinements is ongoing but really what do you want? This is a dog eared tool and for those used to creating and using their own dog eared channels there are basically no issues. I’ve said for a long time that if you don’t get on with the clips then simply discard them and use as a normal channel. Dog earring by its very nature will put a bit of pressure on the very ends of the rubber causing it to wear quicker than a normal channel.

1 Like

The difference being that a dog-eared normal channel will accept whatever rubber I want to use in it for durability’s sake.

Not trying to be contentious, just the rubber issue hurts my feelings and this is how I cope. :sob:

2 Likes

I’ve mentioned this before Samuel. Being in a reasonably temperate climate I have few issues with using medium to hard rubber all year round and on several occasions have suggested to Moerman to either change their default loading to their hard rubber or alternatively include 1 of each type with each channel i.e. A length of soft and hard, and then the user could try and make the decision on what would suit his style of working and windows best. Razer Red from the UK is the most durable of all the rubbers I’ve tried. I notice that @marcuswindows is now using it and rates it and man that guy is pretty hard on his gear. The other rubber I get longevity out of is Black Diamond Hard (Moerman Hard is the same formula). I’m currently testing a new formulation (between their hard and soft) and it has been holding up well. They are listening.

3 Likes

Are the blade dimensions the same as Moerman’s own rubber? Or will I have to shim it with a paperclip to make it work right

Shim preferred but not essential. I’m a real advocate for the retention shim/pin/clip irrespective of what rubber I’m using. I personally believe that it takes the channel to the next level and really should be included as part of the manufactured design. There are many who are finding the same thing, so here’s hoping that Moerman will stop being stubborn. It also helps the slight handle movement issue that some users experience.

Are you using the Unger clips these days?

Yes, sliced in half lengthways they fit perfectly and the Scotsman in me smiles, knowing that I’m getting two for the price of one :slight_smile:

3 Likes