Popping out windows

Is there a good resource somewhere for instructions on popping out different kinds of windows, as well as recognizing what kinds of window won’t pop out?

Rule of thumb… if the tracks are wood, not gonna pop… if the tracks are rubber / plastic… will (usually) pop out

I can’t figure out how to get these out. There are some metal bars in the channels which I guess will come out if I unscrew the cover at the top, but it doesn’t look like there’s enough play between the window and the walls of the channel, even without those bars.

I’ll be at the house Thursday and can take a couple of pictures, which might help. I should have photographed them when I gave the quote but I didn’t think to.

Balancer bar cartridges? There should/may be some clips that extend out from the side tracks to assist in releasing them from the hung portion of the window.

QUOTE=llaczko;84971]Balancer bar cartridges? There should/may be some clips that extend out from the side tracks to assist in releasing them from the hung portion of the window.[/QUOTE]

I’m Dangerous but it’s OK to call me Dange…" HOWDY YAWL" !

Mr. Laczko has it right, just flick open the narrow clips and bring up the bottom panel and the clips will disengage the window from the spring mechanisms. Once you remove it check out the whole system and how everything works, then apply it to your bag of tricks, muscle memory is key .

Have a good day Yawl, and be SAFE !
Dange