Pressure washer question

Nice setup

1 Like

Iā€™m not saying that direct drive canā€™t work. I think your situation is not the norm. Most people donā€™t give their machines that much attention. You and I have a lot of the same OCD qualities so we over care for our equipment. But to anyone elseā€¦ Call powerwash.com, Bob at pressuretek, or Russ at Southside equipmentā€¦ they will all give you better reasons than I can why belt driven in the most dependable unit and the better investment.

1 Like

The predator engines are the ones from harbor freight right? I was looking at those earlier this year and thinking of doing the same setup but with one unit instead of 2. Where do you find the belts and gears to add to make it a belt drive unit?

Do you think you could build an 8gpm machine for a reasonable amount of money?

If someone was starting a pressure washing business I would say donā€™t waste your time with a direct drive, but if your a window cleaner looking to add on this service a direct drive is fine. I have had mine for many years it came with a shit Pump , yes the pump went , but that was after I made tons of money with it. Get the business first in other words then upgrade your equipment.

1 Like

Totally

I want to do a trailer system just like this Pro Super Skid Trailer 8.0gpm@3500psi #TR8012PRO-35HG | Hot Water Washer for Industrial & Commercial Use | Pressure-Pro | Power Wash Store

Not necessarily that machine , but that size is fine for me.

Yeah thatā€™s nice and for ten grand seems like a good deal. Just take good care of the tires. Lol. But yeah. Looks like a good investment.

It seems most of my jobs are large enough to warrant such an expenditure but geeze that would take 6 months to pay off.

Iā€™d rock and roll on my hotels with that though. Iā€™d probably look back and be like what the help was I thinking sticking with that 4gpm machine for so long for. Oh wel. Something to think about next year maybe.

2 250ft hose reals and a 200 gal buffer tank to boot

Ya I was talking to a local guy who was cleaning a house across the street from where I was he just upgraded to an 8gm, An he said the difference is unreal he wished he did it sooner.
Iā€™m just trying to figure out if I should just buy everything separate , machine, trailer ,tank, reeels ,An build it , or just buy this one shot ,An done. Honestly I donā€™t feel like building it myself. Just want to make sure about this rig before I pull the trigger. Itā€™s a big investment. I want to make sure i do the right thing

Either way your putting the energy somewhere. Spend money save time. Spend time save money.

I like easy. Whateverā€™s easiest. I vote trailer. Itā€™s quick and easy. Boom bapp. Yea itā€™s a chunkck of change but buy it and off ya go.

Could payoff in 4-5 decent jobs. 6months top. Shit now to think about it sounds more and more interesting by the minute. Lol

1 Like

I used belts, pulley and pump off existing units. They are a beast!

Oh yeah, I havnt priced 8gpm pumps recently but you can always build it cheaper

We are going to as a bypass line to link both washers together so I can get 8gpm when needed.

1 Like