Pressure washing windows?

Before you get crazy on the post title. Note. I do not do this. However, I am bidding on a job of a large complex with around 270 large curtain windows. See images. The current guy ( not a window cleaner) has been pressure washing this building for $750 twice a year. He uses bleach as his solution. I met with the project management director and he’s not happy with the results. I have an estimate of around 1,750 roughly. Basically I’m charging $6.00 per pane. In your estimation is my price too much or not enough? He wants to do this twice a year. I do not have a WFP so it’s all traditional. I would love the gig but at the same time I don’t wanna screw myself by going too much lower. There’s a shit load of winders.

Sent from my outer space using Window Cleaning Resource

There is a window cleaning company around here advertising that they can clean your windows the traditional way or use their new pressure washer. Lol. Not sure if they mean WFP but i’m guessing not. Just cant get good results using a pressure washer compared to proper cleaning. I think $5 - 6 a pane would be ok. Looks like it could be a little tricky with the sloping glass and some set farther back. I would’t go less. Those are some big panes.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

I’ve seen guys with a di tank before PW, like what they use for car lots

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

If I was bidding this job, I would let them know the first clean would be $xxxx and then the second cleaning that year would be $xxxx at xx% off the initial price. If they keep you on a regular cleaning schedule (at least 2x/year) you can give them the “discounted” price.

First clean- $1750-1800ish

Second and so on clean- $1500ish

Collect a 50% deposit on the job once you have them sign your service agreement/arrangement (anything over $1000 I use a contract and a deposit) with that deposit you have paid for a starter WFP kit in order to do this job the way it should be done.

Just what I would do…

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Your price per window sounds about right. If the windows are double pane IG units, you might want to mention that power washing these windows can cause the seals to fail due to the amount of pressure being applied to the glass.

Thank you. That’s kinda what I wanted to do. Get a WFP so I could do it easier.

Is that more or less than a butt load? Sounds like you got a pretty good price on it!

Did you inspect the windows? I’ve got some restaurants that were pressure washed and I don’t know what that guy had in his tank, but it’s like he sprayed hardwater stains over all the windows. It won’t come off without a LOT of scrubbing.

Wow that’s a lot of windows. I think your price is OK, if you can do more than 6 each I would try to go for it.

Just get the right tool for the job
WFP!

If I had the cash right away I’d do that. If I get the job. I will definitely look into a starter kit.

They finance here, talk to Alex or Chris they can set you up…

[MENTION=12488]shinebright[/MENTION] guess what…two cleanings will pay for a wash-it pro! I spent money I didn’t really have on mine…Doubled my hourly earnings the first time I used it. Don’t be scerred :+1:

My credit sucks. But hey I’ll try it. Would be soooo awesome if I could get one.

Not scared. I just really don’t have it. I’m still in my first couple of years doing ok. But living from house to house at the moment.

I hear you! I left a job in June that I planned on leaving NEXT year. I only got mine when I did because of the free reach-it mini deal they had going at the time, and I WAS scared when I got mine…really unsure at the time if it was the right decision. I would probably passed on at least 3 jobs that I’ve done in the last month if I didn’t have it

If there is ANY way you can make it work, you won’t be sorry. If not, you’ll probably be able to get one next year. Have you thought about giving yourself a pre-pay plan? Setting x dollars aside each week or month as if you were making payments on one? That might get it into your hands quicker.

Going with a DI tank and small starter pole around 20’ will get you going.

I believe there is an Unger DI tank on sale ($250) and the facelift poles are in the $300 range, add 100’ of 5/16 hose and for $600ish you can have a bad ass starter set up that will last quite some time.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

That’s a sweet deal. Ooh. Can I do it? I’m scered.

Can you send me a link.

Just so you know, I wasn’t trying to be a jerk. I was truly trying to encourage you.

No doubt. I can dig man. But I am a little apprehensive. I have the money with today’s jobs. But that’s all I have. Want it though. Real bad