Price This Christian School Common Area

I would pole only the top portion of the upper windows on the exterior. I would use a 24 foot ladder to finish the upper windows. I would assume that those windows have a deep ledge on the inside, making it difficult to pole and close out cleanly. (I know, some can do this perfect, I’ve never had much success with it though, even with a ledger.) This is just the way I would do it.

How much would I charge? $795.00 for quarterly or every 6 months. $895.00 for annual service.

I would also include a bid to clean the lower windows every month. Something like 10 foot and below.

Chris, do you bill the customer separately for the rental of equipment?

Man, I must be way low here. If I understand it, there are 66 total panes and only two of those are 28’ high. The others are progressively closer to the ground with each ladder set and all exteriors can be done from ground level or roof top.

My price would be around $528 for one and $465 for semi-annual, and $395 for quarterly. Maybe that’s why I’m always broke, who knows…

For Bert:

I also counted as 66 and came up with $462 quarterly. I’m also going by similar jobs I’ve done and what I was able to charge, plus as a one-man-show my expenses are a lot less. I can’t see this taking any longer than 2/3 of a day tops unless I’m missing something.

My instincts told me to just agree with Chris on the $750.00 since he posted first. But to be dead honest with the amount of glass with the normal discount I tend to apply for having work done at least quarterly I came up with the same amount. I’d stick with something around there. You don’t want to go to low and end up beating yourself for taking a job at a price that just doesn’t make it worth the effort.

Being as I work for Chris, I’ll take a stab at Steve’s question about charging for rental equipment. We’d simply work that into the total job cost. Don’t charge separately and it would be best not to let a customer know they are being charged extra for that. You probably won’t get the job if they know they are responsible for incurring that cost.

I have finished the proposal for the School building I asked for your help on. I have attached a very long but informative Proposal that I plan on giving to them on Wednesday. I realize it is long, but it is professional, IMHO. I am trying to see if this type of proposal works well for these very well-to-do type of people. I stole the basis of the proposal from Jeff Klass. So thanks, Jeff. The check will be in the mail when I get the gig. J/K!!!

Some of you might think that the price is a little low, and your probably right, but I decided to stick with the low end so I could get the job. I am not breaking my back here for nothing, no doubt it will be profitable. But so will the hundred of potential jobs that I’ll score off of staff member’s, parents of the student, and visitors that see our very high profile workmanship.

Thanks to all of you that answered the call for the pricing…and to those of you who provided the comic relief about Religion along the way…you know who you are!

Thanks again fellas!:slight_smile:LCS Service Proposal.pdf (355 KB)

Looks good Bert!

I mean how could anyone argue with a presentation like that.

The proposal looks great Bert. Good luck!!

That is a very professional proposal! I used one similar in selling industrial lubricants to large mining and manufacturing plants, but never thought of using it for the WC biz. Please let us know how it turns out.

Let’s be honest here – it’s not the basis – it’s the whole proposal, basically word-for-word and exact format, that Jeff so generously shared for others to use on the AUWC forum.

What are you saying Larry, should he have not posted it here?

I have no issue with Bert posting his very polished proposal here. And, he did thank Jeff. My issue was with the use of the word “basis” – that’s misleading.

Bert should give Jeff full credit for the entire proposal document, not the basis (“I stole the basis of the proposal from Jeff Klass.”)

I’m not against the concept of stealing with pride, if proper credit is noted.

Duly noted there Larry. Thanks. I gave him props, and by the way, he has personally reviewed one very similar to this for me before. It’s in print now, the customer will never give a crap who wrote it.

I just wanted the job.

[COLOR=“gray”]

Never my point.[/COLOR]

I hope you gain this account, and provide service for years to come.

I know that it wasn’t you point. And Thanks!

Well Boys and Girls, the heavy proposal for this building paid off. I signed the contract with the maintenance supervisor yesterday. He asked for a service on the Commons area (the pic I gave at the beginning of this thread), and the rest of the entire campus, inside and out, semi-annually on both. I think that he will have me come back more for the big commons area though, as it is a high-profile area of their building. This is a three year deal.

Semi-Annual cleaning of the commons area: $596/each cleaning
Semi-annual cleaning of the other areas: $589/each cleaning

Total Yearly Earnings for both: $2370/year
(not including the annual 3% fee increase)

Total Days of work for a Two-man team: 4/year

Avg $$ per day: $592.50/day
Avg $/hr pay: $ 74.06/hr

I think that this went exactly how I could have wanted it to. I appreciate all of the input you all added, even the religous lessons by a few of you. I have done this for several other businesses in my area. It seems to work quite well.

Thanks again to Jeff Klass for the format,basis, and concept of the proposal.

I love it when a plan comes together
[B]
Hannibal Smith (A-Team)
[/B]
Congratulations

Awesome news. Congrats!

Well done Bert,
I suppose you could make double that figure in referrals alone.