Question About Legitimacy

Hi all. I’m getting into the window cleaning industry with a partner. We’re going to work and grow this business part time - I’m not sure if I want to do it for two years for extra side money or just grow it throughout the years.

My question is this, what do I need to do in order to become a legitimate business and do everything correctly from the start? A low cost start to get started? We don’t need any worker’s comp or whatever’s needed, but I would assume I need some sort of proper license and insurance? I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on what I need legally speaking to be safe. For now we’re going to focus on getting some store front income and then move into residential cleaning in the Spring.

Thanks.

You have done a total of 6 minutes reading according to your profile.
Use the search bar, this topic has been discussed many times before.
No need to start a new thread.

1 Like

You’re harshin’ my chill bro…

1 Like

Depends on where you are located. If you do a little research you can get set up pretty easily without coughing up money to a lawyer or LegalZoom.

In NJ, I think I paid $200 to get set up properly and spent about an hour total doing so.

1 Like

Sorry for the harsh replies on this thread…They were not deserved. Some people need to work on cultivating mildness :wink:

That being said, there is tons of info in the thread. Calling an insurance broker is a first step. Also making sure you register your business with your city. In Canada that’s like 60$ insurance will cost you around 100$ per month. Hope that helps a bit

1 Like

Assuming you are referring to me, read what I wrote again, I said nothing “harsh” I simply suggested that they spend more time searching since the information is readily available. No need to make a new thread on an old topic.

Thanks!

Thank you!