Question for you wagtail gurus

I’m proficient with a wagtail now, I’ve been using one on a pole for more than a year almost daily. If I get the Combi,

https://shopwindowcleaningresource.com/wagtail-combi.html

generally speaking should I expect to see my cleaning speed increase significantly? I’m ready to pull the trigger on some new equipment and I’d like to see that ship at the same time if I can. Thanks.

I’m very familiar with both Wagtail Slimline and Widebody models. Used them for about 3 years. When you say speed increase what are you meaning? Any of the models with pad attached can make you more efficient in that you don’t have to change tools, especially on a pole but if you mean using the Combi as a onepass tool? No, total waste of time. I always used mine in Flipper mode. An alternative is the new High Flyer design. Check out the latest videos from @marcuswindows and @ACME_Window_Cleaning on their respective YouTube channels. Looks promising but it appears that nothing changes. Minor mods are required to optimise it.

3 Likes

Yes dogearing is still recommended with Willie’s tools. Personally I don’t like one pass squeegees. It’s not great at all with it comes to fingerprints and heavily soiled windows. But the highflyer increases my speed cause I don’t have to worry about the mop flipping back or getting in the way when closing out. Brilliant from all models for sure.

2 Likes

The High Flyers are pretty efficient… True I had to do some minor tweaks with the pad function and adhesion quality … Also a helpful mod that helps keep the pad back when doing higher pole work, but totally worth the effort… Here’s what I did: Wagtail High Flyer Upgrades - YouTube
I can’t dispose of a tool because it isn’t perfect… That’s like throwing the baby out with the bath water… There is one other small issue I still have with the High Flyer and that is the hing mechanism is a bit too beefy… The thickness of it sometimes gets in the way when closing out on bigger frames… I sent an email to Willie explaining this, I’m sure he’s already aware of it. But meanwhile I will be coming up with a solution for streamlining it…

3 Likes

I’m definitely NOT looking for a one pass squeegee and I didn’t realize that is what a Combi is. I’ll stick to two poles and my slimline I guess. I’ve got some scrubbers with wear on the ends that I’d like to make a flipper out of. Seems that it would work well when used out of finger print range.

i personally dont like to mod my wagtails. i came to realize a few years ago that if ever there was a claim made on me in the course of my work [false or otherwise] such as a scratch ,or a cracked window if it was found id made mods from factory standard issue there could well be an issue .

Claims these days are often enough to finish you for good and its suprising how many like to make a claim ,revel in doing it

few years ago a customer of mine asked could he follow me out after i had finished at his home. he then “nutted” the end of my ladder [which was on my shoulder] and asked was his head bleeding? it wasnt ,as i had been walking away from him ,the man had ran but he found out its not easy to hit something thats walking away . my ladders are fitted with spikes [a mod that he had noticed ]

i was lucky that day

2 Likes

Love all of Herman’s Wagtails…!

1 Like

Made that a while ago because people where getting confused. which was which.!
But now there are many more . LOL

2 Likes

Funny, It’s so true…

Very easy to make a flipper with slimline. Pad of course but also either a set of channel and pad clips or some guys have been using the Fliq and/or it’s hardware. … and yes once you’re used to it you will save serious time and energy.

2 Likes

This is my favourite Wagtail,the HighFlyer is a very close second though.

2 Likes

LOL. You painted your Moerman clips SILVER? … and I thought I was OCD :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well spotted Eric :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like