Questions Regarding Pure Water Delivery System w/Agricultural Sprater & Tank

I located an agricultural sprayer with the following specs:

55 gallon tank
pump 12 volt 2.2GPM w/70 psi
completely plumbed with 15’ of 3/8" hose
battery wire w/battery clips

basically everything but a flow controller

Where can I locate a compatible flow controller? Wish to reduce flow to about .5GPM.

Is 70 psi sufficient for one pole 2 and 3 story residential?

Are there any issues with this system I am not aware of other than the high flow?

Thank you,

Steve
T & S Services LLC

Why not just use a ball valve or low flow jets to reduce your flow, that is unless your pump doesn’t shut off at 70psj ( which should be fine for 1 pole / 3 story)

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Eric, would this damage or reduce the life of the pump?

You’d want an accumulator tank to reduce pump cycling. flojet and delavan make them i think.

It shouldn’t, unless your pump does not auto shutoff at 70psi

I have a Shurflo diaphragm 100psi pump that auto shuts off at 100psi. Never had a need for any flow regulator, last pump lasted 3years of nonstop year-round action

Excessive back pressure will lead to pump cycling. Most of these pumps are not rated for continuous use, so an accumulator or bypass is a bad idea. Save power, extend the life of your pump, and make your life easier by getting a pump controller.

edit: I just saw that this pump is rated for continuous use. But I still vote for the controller over the other options.

You’d want an accumulator tank to reduce pump cycling. flojet and delavan make them i think.