QuickBooks Invoice or Receipt?

When a customer pays, do you send them the invoice that has the “PAID” stamp on it? Or do you fill out a separate sales receipt and send that? Anything helps, thanks guys!

1 Like

We use QuickBooks and when we bill residential we usually will have a pre-printed invoice and leave it with them and Commercial is all emailed

2 Likes

I only use qb for keeping my books. I send the customer a paid receipt with House Call on the spot. For most of our storefront clients they sign our digital copy and then I have my HCP on auto pay. So at the end of the month it sends out a bill for each customer.

2 Likes

I only send the stamped “paid” invoice if they want a receipt. Otherwise, the invoice is all I send. Sometimes I’ll send it the night before the gig if its residential, or if its a new residential client then I’ll send it to myself so its ready to be forwarded when the job is close to being done. If they ask for the receipt then I tell them it’ll be in their in box by 8pm tonight.

If they pay by credit card, usually the app will send one for you.

4 Likes

This, is what I do.

1 Like

Luke- Curious why you use Housecall instead of just sending through QuickBooks. Is there a benefit that you see from that? Not taking a jab at your methods just thinking maybe there is something I am missing :slight_smile:

1 Like

because hcp handles all of the auto confirmations , scheduling ect. so send it through hcp generates the invoice in qb. the two softwares are synced.

2 Likes

i guess simply put it helps with eliminating double data entry for me

3 Likes

I have yet to use HCP. I don’t believe I’m busy enough to warrant it yet, but it does have a few attractive features.

1 Like

I haven’t dabbled in HCP yet but I am in the market for a new customer database. I want something that will make it easier for me to send out my advertising emails in bulk and keep track of when the last time someones service was for marketing purposes. I will have to check it out, thanks Luke.

2 Likes

Sure thing! Keeping track of your previous services with hcp is awesome. I like the tag feature. You can tag your clients with anything. for example if its a customer that found us through google and its a storefront with credit card billing I will tag the customer as follows … google, storefront, monthly billing and ill tag the client with the zip code as well. This does many things. I can track how customers are finding us (ROI) and I can track how many jobs i have in that zip code. By tagging the job with storefront i can filter that client with other weekly reports i look at. The monthly billing tag shows me a list of clients that are billed monthly ( just something I like keeping organized. Hcp also tracks how long you were at the job by selecting the start and finish feature when you go to your jobs. We dont use this for storefronts but as we add employees we will. Its most useful for tracking just how long it took you at commercial and residential jobs.

5 Likes

Me too

1 Like

Isn’t there a feature where if your employees have the app installed you can track them? Say you have a crew who goes out and does commercial while you do residential etc?

1 Like

HCP won’t do that. You’ll have to use MailChimp for something like that. The only emails sent out are reminders and follow up after job completed.

It has customer history. I love this because someone would call up and say I think you were out here last year so the price is the same, right? I could quickly see that it was 3 years ago and the price needed to go up drastically!

If you get HCP Advance plan ($249 monthly-without @Luke affiliate discount) you’ll get employee tracking.

1 Like

Ah, ok. I won’t be needing that anyways as I only have 1 employee and he’s with me at all times. What does the follow up entail? Does it have them leave a review for your FB/Google Business/Yelp etc?

1 Like

You would type out whatever you want. This is what I had when I owned my company:

“We are so very grateful to have amazing customers like you. I hope you receive this email and smile because that is exactly what we do when you choose us. Thank you for your business and continued support.

If you have any questions or concerns; please feel free to contact us. Do you know of someone like yourself that takes pride in having clean surroundings? We would be happy to help them as well.

Would you like to tell others about your positive experience with us?

Here’s a link to the review page on our website: (not giving out since its not my company anymore) .com/reviews”

2 Likes

Awesome man, thank you

2 Likes

actually my link will work with that :blush:

2 Likes