Rain-X window protectant

I found a product that works great. I’ve tried rain x and 3 star but I think this one works the best so far. The company is called Unelko corp. they are the original manufacturers of rain x. It’s very inexpensive and I love it. As an add on service I charge an additional 30%. I’m considering adding it to my solution but have not tested it out yet. I do use rain x in my solution currently but I found it does not last long. It works good for the first couple of rains.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Uncleanable period.

The RainX interacted with the glass in a way that made squeegeeing impossible (squeegee marks everywhere).

Forget about WFP too.

That’s weird, I’ve been using rain x for years with no issues.

I have ran into a big pane of glass that was IMPOSSIBLE to clean traditional because it kept leaving those marks. But I broke out the WFP and called it good. I’m with Chris tho guys. I personally WOULD NEVER RAIN X windows on any house.

Thanks for all the info guys , this info was good !

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

My guess is that Rain-X reacted with something else that was on the glass. So it created a mixed coating. I have never had trouble with any window I have applied it to. Unelko has a VERY long history with this formula. It first came out as Repcon for jet windshields back in the 1970s. Then Rain-X. Then the Invisible Shield. Now something else. I have always known it to be a great product. It can however be broken down by ultraviolet radiation, and is sensitive to high pH solutions. I have my own tinker tests for pH sensitivity. Need to buy a UVC power lamp. The kind that will burn your skin off in five minutes leaving ligament and bone. I really want one of those.

Henry

For Vampire hunting?

WFP was completely ineffective on this glass on 3 different properties they owned. The company prior that was applying Rain X (against their better judgement, at the customer’s request) jacked the price to double the cost this year, the difference of thousands of dollars, so they called us. 2 months after we provided service they called back and wanted us to re-clean the windows and asked us what our price would be to do so, I had to turn it down because I knew there was no way we could effectively clean them to our standards.

THey were Rain X-ed on the insides and out. I spoke to the other company’s project manager after and he was like “Yeah, we thought that was a pretty bad idea, but they insisted” lol

Hey Chris,

I believe ya! Have seen some really nasty mysteries in my time too. I’ve just learned to accept them.

And Bumble. Never really believed in Vamps. Maybe tramps. But I’m kind of a peaceful guy. I just slip in a mean word once in awhile.

Henry

Your so smart Henry. I dig your info. I’d like to pick your brain on the solution your developing and talk to you about what I use and your thoughts. Oh. How’s the new program working for you? If you need some help with some of the tools I could lend a hand.

Hi Shine,

If you wanted to pickup a Micro-Wobble from the Tin Man we could work together on some of the slow release coats for polishing. It is a good practice wheel. Gets in corners well. Probably would be OK for shower doors. I just did my pellet stove window with it using a hard felt rad and diamond compound. Now to maintain everyday I just use a little SKRUB with paper towels. The Micro-Wobble is only 2 inch in diameter. And two hundred bux less then the big six inch. So a hundred bux. I have no profit at all in these wheels.

Thanks so much for your kind words and compliments!

Henry

Sorry I stood you up on this reply Chris.

It has only been over a year!!!

Better late than never? :slightly_smiling:

1 Like