Razor red

Hey everybody, been a while since I have been on here. I am getting ready for a spring order and am seeing a lot of hype about this red rubber. Does anyone know if it is available in the usa or do I have to try and order it from the uk? Is it worth the effort? Is there something in our market that’s the same thing? I have been using ettore rubber and well, everything for 15 years or so. I saw a video with the pro handle which I have sworn by since they came out and the liquidator channel with this red rubber being the ticket. Any thoughts?

1 Like

I ordered a couple pieces of Razr Red from the UK via eBay. No US distributor that I know of carries it.
Longevity was pretty great. Probably the most durable rubber I’ve ever used. But it’s not like it will revolutionize your cleaning process.

1 Like

longevity is good as long as there are not too many trade offs. I guess I will just wait and see if it comes here to try it. I go through quite a bit of ettore rubber on all the victorians I do in my area. the rough glazing really eats up the edges.

1 Like

btw thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Have you tried BD yet its a bit cheaper then the ettore rubber, it works good.

1 Like

I have not. is it medium hard like ettore? Kind of in between hard and soft? Last as well?

They have soft and hard available, the hard is a medium hardness in my opinion. The thread life is pretty good.

1 Like

okydoky, going on the list. I am switching to liquidator channels from ettore brass this spring for the first time in my history of 15 years of doing this. lol. If you think the moermon rubber is a better option please let me know. I will probably pick up a little of this and a little of that to try. pacific northwest window cleaner so could be 100 one day and 45 the next.

I’m in the Pacific northwest also. I’ve heard BD Hard work well in the liquidators.

awesome. thanks for the reply. I am in southeast washington

I think you’d be better off sticking with the brass. Just my opinion, but I don’t think the liquidator offers enough in exchange for the headaches it is likely to induce.

3 Likes

please elaborate samuel

I don’t use the liquidators either., choice preference.

Buy one try and see if you like them before changing your tools out from the tried and true.

2 Likes

that is precisely what I was thinking. I am a single operator and fan everything or near to. I guess I got sucked up by the slick youtube videos. haha… I did notice those guys use as much soap on one window as I use in half a week.

According to a recent poll you have a 27% chance of being happy with the liquidator out of the box.

3 Likes

Even if you get it working right, it’s not like it saves much time if you know what you’re doing with a standard channel.

I’m pretty sure I wasted more time fiddling with the liquidator than I would have ever saved by not detailing for the rest of my life.

4 Likes

that my friend is exactly what I needed to hear. I have not had great results with dog earing my stuff and have to pretty much detail more than I should just because I am a total perfectionist. You are most likely dead on that I would be pulling my hair out. any change in my soap, rubber, or anything else is like the world exploded in my head. hahaha… getting old I guess. It took me a year to get used to a scrim towel which I now swear by and feel naked without.

1 Like

Lmao!:joy:

Hey you gave it a shot, no one can say you never you have it your best!

1 Like

Hmmmm… I guess I just wanted to try something new. Ettore rubber is almost all I have ever used and brass with a contour pro handle is what I have used ever since brass handles. I guess maybe you can’t improve on a great design?

1 Like

Brass Ettore squeegees are the AK47 of window cleaning. They are clunky, simple, and they do the job they are designed to do, every time.

The liquidator is definitely a diva.

2 Likes