Really dirty window

Are you kidding me? It’s in the truck all day every day. It’s about as heavy as a brick when it’s loaded with water.

Just kidding … I only use it less than six times a year. And yes it’s in the bucket until I work my way back to my van where it gets ditched. Haha

2 Likes

I use a ten incher. On a side note I’ve used it to remove shot gun fungus on residential jobs.

2 Likes

LOL! Thanks Mike for the laugh!

i clean windows. im not a guru by any means. i like to learn. u mentioned simple green. which rang a bell with me. i use to use simple green religiously when i use to build/rebuild oilfield pumps. i didnt even think abt equating simple green w/ window cleaning. great reminder. simple green is in my opinion the best degreaser on the market. believe me, i experimented w different degreasers zep, etc and went back to simple green. thanks

never heard of it. ill take a look into it. thanks

most scrubber mops are microfibre and no it cannot scratch glass on it’s own.
a nylex brush is very powerful for cleaning and def no scratching and as @BostonMike says hogs hair.
i used a nylex for all windows till i got wfp. this year i have been experimenting with tbar, as mike says they are convenient and easy to use but do not have the same power. and i often use a nylex for my wfp too.

2 Likes

thanks. ill add a nylex brush to my arsenal. happy new year!

1 Like

The nylex brush may be aggressive but it does not perform at the same level as a genuine hogs hair brush. That’s why the WFP people started making hogs hair brushes to outperform the nylon brushes most of the guys use.

A Nylex brush would be better than a T bar though.

hm. im all for optimum tools. so ill opt for the hogs hair. sounds like what i needed on this last residential job. the windows had god knows what on them. but nothing that wouldnt come off w/ elbow grease & luckily i had a scrub daddy layn around. im a order hogs hair brush right now. thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Is hogs hair brush safe to use with window cleaning solutions? Like dish soap, ammonia, etc

1 Like

Yes. You can use it on just about anything. When I did leather restoration I cleaned leather with a hogs hair brush. I’ve used it on fabric furniture and tons of things. Its a great brush

3 Likes

They are a tad heavier than nylon brushes and T bars so I only use mine when I feel that it’s necessary. First time cleans on neglected windows. If you haven’t tried TSP it’s the bomb on dirty windows and frames.

1 Like

Chemicals: Simple green or zep floor stripper a little goes a long way. Scrubber wands; blue procupine with white plastic bristles or white wand with white scrub pad on the other side. Small white pad you can buy at super market attached to plastic handle or large scrub pad to large handle available from any wc distributor which can be replaced (unlike the small ones sold in markets).

1 Like

I do carry a white scrubby in my tool pouch all the time. Sometimes I break out the steel wool because it’s more aggressive than a scrubby. The hogs hair brush is more for a job with plain ol filthy windows EXTRA AGITATION than on special spots like over a kitchen sink. I’ll pull the white scrubby out for a window that needs it.

Hogs hair is very safe to use. That’s probably the number one reason I love it.

If it’s greasy windows just run a bead of soap down the lemgth of your strip washer
I carry a Blue scotch brite pad in my pouch an always have a 6" blade on me
For storefronts I’m never worried about scratching glass unless it’s a brand new store.
For stubborn finger prints I usually use my 6" blade

“For storefronts I’m never worried about scratching glass unless it’s a brand new store.”

How about a brand new window? Replacement glass that is less than ten years old.

well then ya hafta break it in so it don’t look outta place, “pass me the rusty razor blade would ya”

1 Like

Brand window brand new store. Same thing
Been using my razors on store fronts for many many years never had a problem.
The only way to get tape off in my opinion. Works grey on finger prints also

Oh… expect those 3 times the tint got in the way

1 Like

I miss the good ol days before fabricating debris. Going “Razor Happy” without a care in the world was great.

6 Likes

Hey everyone,
I am also having troubles with some really dirty windows. But in my case the windows are dirty with “salty air” + dust, and have not been cleaned for around a 1. They are often big windows ± 1,5m x 2m. I am using liquidator plus ettore ruber and gg4/slip. But even after 2-3 washes there is still left some type of fog/grease in the glass.

Anybody with experience in cleaning sea side windows?

Kind regards and happy new years!