Residential Cold Calling

Try to cold call property managers from commercial jobs. Residential work is more of the door hanger gig.

I don’t make any cold calls with the telephone. Too many folks don’t answer the phone. So to get started, I put flyers in news paper boxes around April offering free estimates. I only do this in medium to high end neighborhoods.

While there are a variety of laws in place that regulate soliciting, the regulations can vary depending on where you live. For example, many states regulate the solicitation of charities, requiring them to register with their state agency before soliciting residents for charitable contributions. However, businesses and door-to-door salespeople are often regulated by city or county ordinances.

In some cities, posting a “No Soliciting” sign on your front door or near the entrance to your neighborhood prohibits solicitors from knocking on your door. The same goes for “No Trespassing” signs. Unfortunately, not all solicitors notice or pay attention to the signs. In such a case, you can report the solicitor to the police as being in violation of your city’s laws. However, if your city does not prohibit solicitors from knocking on your door when such a sign is posted, all you can really do is politely ask them to leave.

I would not cold call residential I would cold call real estate agents

I not only won’t cold call, but I won’t cold call a referral thru an existing client. If they are that interested in an estimate and want the job done bad enough, they will call per the client referring my service. I would just feel like a pest who’s desperate for work.

Ya man its almost as worst than what John favare did in this scene

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

that movie was made like last century and it’s still funny

answering machines or voice mails are my worst enemy. But my best friend is the # button on my cellphone when I slip up. Let’s me erase when I start leaving a message I regret.

I worked a “No Soliciting” neighborhood before and handed out flyers but I did it at night and so far have gotten 3 jobs from it. Don’t have to worry about getting ran out.

Do people still have home phones?

My understanding, and I might be wrong, is that door hangers and flyers are not considered soliciting. If you knock and talk to them, then that is soliciting.

[MENTION=9844]dnefox[/MENTION] ya I’m not sure. I figured any type of material handed out to sell a service or product would be considered soliciting Along with door knocking. Maybe someone can clarify that for us.

I like this idea…1 issue, 1 question…

Issue - I can’t remember anyone in our area having newspaper boxes anymore…There’s a plethora of medium to high end neighborhoods I’d love to do this in, but I can only recall seeing mailboxes…but I’ll definitely check.

Question - So you don’t have to be a newspaper or company like this to do that? I can just print flyers and go and stick em in newspaper boxes? If so, I know what I’m doing next week :slight_smile:

No , only grandma does . Same number for 30 years

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

LOL - I too keep them on the phone but it’s not to try and learn anything from them. My response is usually "oh, let’s see if you can help me. I’m from Spokane valley so let’s do the search “window cleaning spokane valley” and look. After they see we are #1 adwords, #1 places, #1 #2 #6 #7 organically - they usually just say nevermind have a good day and hang up :slight_smile:

I did some cold calling today.

(114) Numbers Dialed
(48) No Answers
(22) Not Interested / Did Their Own Windows / Has A “GREAT” Window Cleaner
(18) Potential Clients / Requested I Call Back In A Couple Of Months / Told Me They’d Call Me
(15) No Solicitation Warnings
(9) Disconnected
(2) Scheduled

I’m happy with the results so far…

Getting the numbers / addresses / names / and if they are candidates for window cleaning, is the tricky part. I think I have found a good system for finding that information though.

1 Like

wanna share it?

wanna?