Residential during the week?

I have been doing all of my residential window cleaning on the weekends and commercial during the week for many years. I have always felt that worked best since most business were open during the week and most homeowners home on the weekends. I am thinking of moving my residential to only weekdays to free up my weekends. My question is do most of you do your residential during the week? or do you feel like you lose work because of only doing residential on weekdays? Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

I only do residential on weekends in a pinch or by request. Most homeowners are busier on the weekend than during the week. The last thing they need is me bumping around the house when they are trying to relax/entertain/work.

4 Likes

Much of my work is residential, I only work from mon-fri, and the very occasional sat by appointment I do maybe 5 of those per year.

1 Like

I do all my residential work during the week. As mentioned, most people are really busy on the weekends. I think during the week is easier for most people.

3 Likes

We are 100% residential and we dont work weekends.

4 Likes

I am 90% residential and don’t work weekends unless I unavoidable…

Same as above. Residential windows, a few store fronts, pressure washing. No weekends.

That’s good to know, I originally set it up this way when I started. I am going to slowly try to get back to weekends off, Thanks.

1 Like

I’ve never done residential on a weekend but I find some commercial jobs are much easier on the weekend. Open parking lots and no employees going in and out of buildings.

It’s chaos here…

Route and residential leaking into sat and half of sundays…

At least 1-2 days of crazy winds or rain a week …

Hope Mother Nature gets with the program soon!

2 Likes

Come try the NorthEast, spring decided to come a month late

2 Likes

At least spring has come, im still waiting.

1 Like

Leaves aren’t on the trees yet, but it’s still nice enough to sit on the deck and have a Sunday afternoon Rusty Nail and breathe some fresh, 65° air.

2 Likes

This guy has been waiting for it…

1 Like

Re: winds

Nice to see another one of us bringing it up.

Ive never had so many “hmm… should we call it” days as the past year.
(maybe two)

Its been on my mind, and it seems to be worse, now over the last few months, more than ever.

“Whats in the boooox?”

Same here, I believe the northern states all are experiencing the same so far this year.

No joke.

Its something that has become almost a daily question.
Where, before it was once or twice per month. Maybe.

Its become as common as the rain… its bumming me out

Yesterday 32’ climb + wind steady at 28mph 10% turn/twist in upper body, felt like someone was pushing.