Responsibid

What level are you using on your website
basic
Med
premium

Currently Premium but may downgrade

Tried it for over a year. Caused a lot of confusion for customers and just didn’t work for us. We used the $5 basic.

So your not using it at all now?

Nope dropped it from our site mid season last year. It was too much of a problem.

1 Like

I have the basic.

I honestly don’t get that many people who use it.
If I was getting overwhelmed with those cust who come in FROM it, I might step up to the higher level.
But the few I get, I can pretty much handle on my own.

• so I may be speaking from ignorance.
    (for what it’s worth… I wish more DID)

Premium and love it. I was gonna go cheap but Curt gave me a months trial of Premium and I couldnt stand the thought of missing out on all of the extras. Go Premium, its worth every cent it.

The subject of Responsibid always seems to bring up very different experiences. The full spectrum from people who can’t live without it to people dropping it all together.

1 Like

We use it and get a decent return on it. We closed 22 jobs on it in the past 12 months, $7724 in revenue so an average ticket of $351 per job. The automatic follow up is the best but you have to remember to close out the jobs in responsibid once you win or lose them so they don’t keep getting the emails. We don’t use this to schedule or anything. We just close out the job and schedule in our system.

There no doubt it works with out looking probably 15k closed last year but I wonder if basic would be the same follow up is great but about 95% that close click the book button day of or phone call maybe 2% close after a follow up email says they forgot to pick something.

From my experience over the last 3 years

I agree with @Rxforu, I know people that use responsibid as their CRM and they love it. We already have a good CRM that does more than Responsibid for a fraction of the price so that didnt appeal to us. We had a basic request for estimate form before and we didnt get any spike in customers or higher close rates because of responsibid. Unfortunately we had a lot of unhappy customers because they would think where getting a certain price based on their own window count or sq ft of their house. Then when we would arrive, they would have 40% or more windows than what they entered or the house specs were off for house washing… then we would attempt to get the price we needed or just take the reduced price to avoid an angry customer… it was just a mess.

1 Like

I’ve always baked in a higher price with responsibid I’ve found it always easier to lower a price on site then raise it

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I like the Responsibid idea and think it can be used successfully but I finally gave up because I just couldn’t get it right.

1 Like

We just charge more through responsibid than our actual price and stick with it. Everyone does the rough quote so we easily charge 20-30% more through responsibid than what our actual costs are. But people really like the convenience of not having to talk to someone.

1 Like

Can you set it up to only offer the rough quote? When I set up my rough quote prices I kept getting emails saying someone had received a price but never booked, what then, lower your price when you call them?

I don’t know about only doing rough quotes only? But we call everyone that submits a request through responsibid and follow up with them. We stick to the price.

this is why i switched to quoteflare, far more accurate and customizable, i taught inexperienced sales people how to use it to price jobs exactly the same price as i would in 5 minutes. customers that use it get the same price too unless they really screw up and the only one that did recognized it as soon as i mentioned he had transom windows that he had not included.
i am planning to look at the new version of responsibid but i am very happy with quoteflare (no affliation)
it looks a bit old fashioned and doesn’t the follow up atm but the price is good and the functionality is great. it doesn’t do it all but it does the thing i want most REALLY WELL.

i did have highest responsibid package.

@Chris Does Kurt post here anymore that he might engage this topic like the Housecall Pro people do?

1 Like

Hi guys! I am typically spending 12 hours a day working on ResponsiBid so I haven’t been on the forums much. I really appreciate that this thread was brought to my attention :slightly_smiling:

Reading through this thread has really brought to my mind the thing that I have been thinking for quite a while now…

I’ve been contemplating getting rid of the “Basic” ResponsiBid package for quite some time. I think it causes our reputation a lot of harm… and when you devote your life to building something designed to be powerful and customizable (and getting more powerful and customizable all the time) it really hurts our image to offer up a watered down version of the product and then read the reviews here that split between basic and premium users.

Of course as we have a bunch of stuff on the cusp of being released it would be fun for me to talk about those things, but I think I will leave that announcement for a little later.

The main thing here is that when people use our software in it’s premium form they love it. It earns them an ROI on their investment and works like clockwork by automating all the stuff no one running a window cleaning business has time for. The premium account works very similar to an employee that just works around the clock. The basic account is unfortunately giving people too small of a taste of what ResponsiBid can do… and then when things don’t work as powerfully, the basic user feels that is the ResponsiBid experience.

Before I sold my window cleaning business to do this full time, I had made it company policy that we would only do in/out cleaning for first time customers for a similar reason. I was getting customer call backs on exterior only jobs because their windows weren’t clean… only to return and find out that the maid had “swirled” the insides and it was damaging our reputation. I knew I would lose customers who were really budget focused, but I wanted our reputation to stay big and bright. I have felt for a while that ResponsiBid is starting to experience the same conundrum.

I’m not saying that I am going to take any hasty action… but this thread is definitely confirming what I have thought about for a while.

Since ResponsiBid is all I work on all day, every day, my bias makes it difficult for me to say anything that wouldn’t be like a sales person… so I’ll spare you that part. But I would invite anyone who is interested in figuring out how ResponsiBid would work in their business to let me know and I can schedule you up a demo with David who can share his screen with you and show you how ResponsiBid would work in your business. It’s worth the 30 minutes and he’s not going to use any hard sale tactics on you.

My job is to build stuff that people in our industry deserve.

His job is to partner with people trying to systematize and grow their business by helping them get going with ResponsiBid.

And we are both 100% committed to our work.

I’m going to attach something that I think might be of interest to you. We met as an entire team the whole first week of January (only 4 of us) and really committed to determining our mission and values. We are a very different bunch… 2 developers, 1 sales guy, and me. But we are all 100% behind these, and I think that it’s worth sharing. We jump out of bed every day committed to making working business owners a way to systematize and harmonize their businesses!

2 Likes