RO Membrane to use before Unger nLite Stage 1

Hey guys! I was wondering. I’m looking to get a RO Membrane to set up before going to my Unger nLite Stage 1. The PPM where I’m at is about 320, so I’m going through resin pretty quickly. Anybody have any advice for a good RO Membrane? Do I have to use the 4x40 or could I go 4x21?? I’d love some help please.

Thanks in advance!

axeon hf5 4040 gives you about about .5 gal per minute and is the same used in mamy of the units on the market right now. they are designed for lower pressure and can be used with most municiple water supplies.
if you go smaller you won’t have enough out put for on demand use

1 Like

I’m looking into this too…do I need a carbon filter as well?

Yeah you do. Chlorine is really bad for the RO Membrane so the carbon pre filter will filter that out first. Very important.

I have everything that you need to build a system like this and feel free to contact me anytime I’ll make sure you get everything you need including all the fittings and hose http://shopwindowcleaningresource.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=89952f56884683f8d66a8a775&id=afae1de568&e=d951fc3f01

re chlorine/carbon filter: yes as mentioned carbon filter to remove chlorine is crucial. one thing that strikes me funny is usually a tds meter is included with a system. sure it is important, if your tds is too high you’ll have to redo some windows. but no chlorine is included - if your chlorine gets too high (almost any according to axeon) you will ruin your ro membrane-the most expensive part of your system.