Saad from Pensacola

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Thank you sir, I just checked out your Facebook profile.

It looks quite impressive.

Did you start with window cleaning and then expanded into other services?

I bought a janitorial company then expanded into WC and other services. Starting out with a stable source of revenue was extremely helpful.

1 Like

Nice, that’s really impressive.

How are you liking the window cleaning business so far?

I am getting ready for my 6th season and I continue to like WC, both the business side of it and the hands on portion. Looking at job sites and assessing the work layouts and efficiencies is always interesting.

That’s great I’m glad to hear you like it.

By the way do you still do the job yourself?

And is true that carpet cleaning is way more profitable as a service than window cleaning?

I have 3 top notch employees that do the janitorial work. I only do janitorial when I need to backfill or train. I am a morning person and I don’t like working swing shifts.
I think WC is more profitable than carpet cleaning. WC is Way easier for me to gauge the time the jobs will take and easier to bid and get the $ per man hour targets. I also have to do follow up visits to retrieve my fans and usually have to do more coordination for access and usually have to do the work on evenings or weekends. There is also NO curbside visibility which can be leveraged into new jobs. The equipment is also expensive and has required expensive repairs. If I wasn’t in such a small market that requires diversification I wouldn’t provide carpet cleaning.