Safety plan

I am meeting with a client and I need to submit a safety plan to them. I am new to this and am wondering what they are looking for. He said he needed a plan from carrying my equipment into the complex, (it is gated and I can’t drive my truck into it) ,cleaning the outsides with a WFP, the insides using the unger speed cleaning kit, and traditional on the inside. This is what I am thinking tell me if I am on track. Any advice is appreciated.

Cleaning the outside windows with a WFP
Safety Concerns: Pole could fall, the operator of the WFP could trip on hoses, sidewalk could become slippery from the water, Something could come loose and fall on the operator of the WFP,
Solutions: Wear a hard hat and safety goggles, make sure nobody walks under the WFP, use orange safety cones to mark the area and only allow my staff into the area, have the operator wacth his/her step

Caution tape areas block off parking space that might be in fall area.

Talk to those who are comm focued, maybe even high rise focused. They deal with these often.

No clue here

I had to fill out a job safety analysis (jsa) every day for 3 months while doing a construction clean on a condo a big p.i.t.a

Its called a JHA (Job Hazard Analysis). Its a spreadsheet broken down very detailed and specific broken down like this:

Steps: (Action:) Hazards: Pre-Control Risk Rating Control: Post control Risk Rating.

Steps should be as specific and detailed as humanly possible. From the moment you walk on their property to the time the job is done, every step taken needs to be described, the hazards that are possible (its possible you can trip on your shoelace, fall into a man hole, bump your freaken head… you get the picture… what the risk rating is for it (search online I’m sure you’ll find a chart) what steps you’ll take to prevent the danger, and what the risk is after the control is in place.

Most big construction outfits and especially on prevailing wage gigs will require one. It takes me about 5 to 6 hours to write one up, but I’ve never had one rejected.

Don’t be afraid to ask him what he needs to see. Thats what I did, and he did more than that, he showed me how to write one up!

It’s okay not to know everything. They understand this too, its better to show them you are quick to learn, are professional, skilled, but human.

Its better than the other guy who’s pretending, you know? You can gain alot of knowledge from this contact.

2 Likes

lol as i was typing Thor just answered probably better than I could since I am not local.
It can take almost as long as the job if the job has many facets.

Jeez! ain’t THAT the truth. Wanna hear something messed up? Had a janitorial outfit hit me up for a bid on a large scale high profile job out here, and assured me we were starting on Monday night (this was Friday afternoon), pushed for a completed JHA to present to the prime by Sunday evening, and I did without contracts signed…she gave the gig to someone who agreed to work as an employee with his men, and claimed she wrote it!

She didn’t even know what it was! Ain’t that a kick in the head.

dag well lesson learned

Written_Work_Plan.pdf (34.5 KB)

There you go.

1 Like

Ouch.

Thats exactly the 1 we use,mshramek, and its gotten us countless jobs. Filli in the blanks and draw some diagrams of your roof anchors…TIP: take celll photo of roof anchors when onsite or look on bing maps birds eye view for assistance. As for the jan san scam-live an learn.I once designed the RFP for the warwick RI airport only to have purchasing agent award job to another contractor-he went into panic mode when i threatened to expose him to his boss but i had decided by then that i had no interest in working with him after that anyways.

This lady wanted us to start at 10pm to 5am. The time frame she gave us was
going to be impossible unless it was done my way.

Meeting deadlines that are redonkulous costs money. I needed 2 booms, 2
operators. 2 flaggers, 2 spotters and a crew leader. For the exteriors.
All that and there’s only 2 people cleaning glass!

Every area of the job is covered by camera. It’s the sd int. Airport. One
of us farts too loud and it’ll be on the news.

It’s also prevailing wage. The estimate i gave would only have a margin of
2k for 3 days work.

You know what. …i totally hijacked this thread. Sorry about that man

… If you want a copy of it shoot me an email and I’ll give you one from
an old job. It’s in ms word.

thor what a coincidence that it was an airport. In NE every airport is a scam,either you know someone,pay someone or just bid ultra low and pray.Now all airports are on internet so everyone and their mother bids it…also need performance bonds-union membership,blah blah blah

We don’t need bonds out here, but window cleaning companies usually don’t get to bid on these from the Prime. It’s the Janitorial outfit who has the construction clean up and final that usually says they have to subcontract to a window cleaning company.

I have no idea why or even had the time to figure out why.

Its not SUPPOSED to be a scam, in fact if everything was legit with prevailing wage work and who the heck ever is in charge of the audits to make sure there was certified payroll completed CORRECTLY…I believe that the government actually is trying to help. Think about it;
Prevailing wage for our industry is what 49 or 48?

If EVERYONE bid it this way, the way you are supposed to then everyone is on the same playing field. Only competing on profit margin.

I said the gov is trying to help because so many guys around me are so cheap its just stupid, but if everyone used that model as a wake up call to raise prices we’d all be making money like just a few years ago!

I can’t remember even hearing a rumor where a window cleaning outfit was audited, much less prosecuted for lowballing a prevailing wage job.

True ,but if you are caught the fines are steep and you’re banned from bid lists

Bob Lang Managing Owner L.A. Window Cleaning LLC 781-344-2212877-234-7722WWW.LAWINDOWCLEANING.COM