Sales letter

Okay, I have access to about 60 clients of a friend who mows grass. he has allowed me to generate a sales letter to introduce myself and my wares.

They are mostly residential.

I have no clue where to start.

“Hey Mr Bumblefart, I do windows…you wanna bid?”

Might not work.

whay not offer to send out a spring flyer for your friends mowing biz and add to it A type of “proudly presenting” type of intro or doing business “in conjunction with”… I have seen that near me with a landscaper and a nursery(landscape)…it was a nice touch…

Hey Phil if it was me I would have him type the letter introducing you as a partner business. (Someone he knows and trusts) Then it appears that he is trying to provide a gift to his clients in the way of a referral. It also doesnt look like he sold out his customer base to an outside source.

He may not want to type it so you could with his permission maybe on his letterhead. Send it out and thirty days later I would send another out on your own letterhead and then after that as many times as you wish.

Just an opinion.

A possible variation on Mike’s idea. Have the friend draft an introduction letter (maybe something as simple as a paragraph or two) and you can include a flyer introducing you and your service to them. If the two of you can offer some combo discount it might increase the response rate.

Letter from him, with photo attached of you and him in a bear hug or something like that.

[INDENT][I]“Warning: Bear Hug Alert Issued In Florida”

"This is a recent pic of me and a good friend of mine, Phil Ruthven. He’s a little on the wacky side, but now, after knowing him for 4 years, 3 months, and 17 days, I can honestly say that he’s a solid, lovable, and hilarious guy. He also happens to be an Obsessive Compulsive Window Cleaner, and gets a little crazy when it comes to making sure that every window he cleans is perfectly spotless and streakfree. He cleans my windows in fact, and just yesterday, I walked straight smack into my patio door.

Thanks Phil.

Anyway, I was thinking that since your home has lots of beautiful windows, that you may be interested in knowing about Phil. I told him about your place, and he’s agreed to give you a special “premium upgrade” from his “Basic” window cleaning services (washing the glass perfectly) to his “Premium” window cleaning services (glass, frames, sills, tracks, screens) absolutely free.

Unfortunately, Phil is so good that he’s booked solid, like into June 2011 or something (okay, not that far), so he can only make room for a few more clients in the next month or so.

If you’d like to get a free, no-obligation estimate from him, just give him a shout at xxx-xxxx before Jan 24th, and make sure to tell him that “______ sent you!”

Oh - and of course, being the stand-up guy Phil is, he’s always done business as a straight shooting, stand-behind-his-work kind of way, so if you’re not totally satisfied with either his work or the entire service experience, you simply won’t have to pay.

That’s just the kind of guy Phil is. :slight_smile:

Anyway, he’s around, he’s working 10 hours a day in the area, and he’s available to you until Jan 24th, for the free upgrade that I just talked about, so give him a shout when you have a minute, or email phil@________.com

See you next week, as usual!

P.S. Your lawn is looking great these days, isn’t it! I’m a little jealous."[/I][/INDENT]

Maybe something like that.

I just wrote it all as a first draft, but hopefully it’ll give you some inspiration.

Kevin

All I can say is, “Wow, Kevin.”

Maybe something like that.

Yeah…maybe. :slight_smile:

Kevin, you should study marketing man. You’d be good at it.:smiley:

Thanks bro.

Flat out amazing Kevin!

I wonder what Kevin’s next draft would be?

That one was great!! Great Job Kevin.

ps Just finished reading the book, and you gave me a lot to think about and try. Great Read!!

windowman

Kevin’s idea reminded me of a marketing tactic that was pretty interesting.

[B]A success story about a butcher.[/B]

10 years ago Lori Prokop scraped together her savings to attend a seminar being put on by Ted Nicholas (a direct marketing master and copywriting genius to the tune of a [B]billion[/B] dollars in sales). She got his attention during the break and told him the story.

Her and her husband had been struggling with the butcher shop (and almost to the point of closing the doors), as the entire parking lot was ripped up and unusable for 6 months – totally destroying their customer flow.

[B]So how could she get more customers in?[/B]

Ted started asking some questions and found out that her husband was quite a tall man, and he loves to hug people as well.

Ted gave her the one single piece of advice that turned their lives around almost immediately. He said “when you get back home – first thing I want you to do is call your butcher shop “The Hugging Butcher” – advertise it everywhere, new signs and all over your marketing. Use direct response style marketing and make that husband of yours the hugging butcher and have him stand at the front door and hug everyone that walks through – men, women and children.”

She followed Ted’s advice to a T. Quicker than she ever could have dreamed – business was booming! People couldn’t wait to visit the hugging butcher – business went through the roof (parking lot or not). Soon, they were able top raise the price and commanded the highest price in the market they served – and clients lined up at the door.

After a few years they sold that business for a very large sum of money – amazing what a simple differentiator can do for a business!
Now she runs a multi-million dollar consulting business – teaching similar techniques to those that Ted teaches.

I don’t really know what that has to do with Phils letter, but it is a good lesson in opening our minds to see the sometimes obvious things in front of us.

Phils relationship with the mower guy will likely not be enough, he will need to inspire them or provoke them into calling somehow.

Let us know what happens!

Thanks, Larry :slight_smile:

Be real.
Be friendly.
Be you.

Migrate their trust in the lawn guy squarely onto your shoulders.

Make them laugh.

Make them smile.

Make them feel special with an offer that seems to have solid perceived value (to them).

Its amazing how effective just basic “human stuff” can be.

Cool.

One of the strongest emotional motivators that drive buying decisions is the desire for “connection” with other people.

That’s a pretty awesome story. Very inspiring, too.

Getting my creative juices percolating again…:slight_smile:

Thx man (thx everyone)

You can read the “next” draft in the Dossier subscribers only area of the Dossier’s new forum!

[SIZE=“1”]Just kidding[/SIZE]