Screens with WFP

I am just getting into WFP and I was wondering if I could you the WFP to clean window screens. If yes, would it be better if I use it as my “basic screen clean” or my “premium screen clean”? Appreciate it!

Definitely premium as an up sell. I don’t think pencil jets would be effective so fan or overhead rinse. Also no need to run it through ro/di.

It would be more convenient to get a screen washer, or just blast them with a spray nozzle and scrub the frames. Seems like a waste to use filtered setup on screens.

4 Likes

I have tried it and was not happy with it because they still have to be taken out and dried off, or left to dry and most window screens, will lay against the glass from the pressure of the brush and thus not rinse well and not look good after. I do however use wfp on most screens on a sliding door…works great.

It’s not bad if your doing a few screens and fan tips would be better than pencil jets. Screen cleaner , Power washer , Hose would be a better option.

1 Like

I occasionally use my wfp with over the top rinse bar to clean patio door screens, if they’re not super dirty. I still wipe them off with a towel on both sides.

Everything else gets soft washed with the pressure washer. 3x faster than any other method. Next best option is a screen cleaner like the Aztec/Xero model.

1 Like

what are you using for solution? @Infinity

With the wfp: just the pure water

For soft washing: standard house wash mix (bleach and surfactant).

Roughly 45 screens cleaned in 20 minutes (some of these are pretty big, too).

2 Likes

how long to set up and break down the equipment?

~2-3 minutes for both. My machine is truck mounted, and I have electric reels. Garden hoses have camlocks on the ends for further efficiency.