Sectional Ladders #3 Leveler

I’m a big fan of the sectional ladder. Been using them for over fifteen years. I carry them inside my van under lock and key 24/7. They are all I use except for a two ft. step ladder.
I think I like the Levelock ladder levelers better than the ones in the video because they have teeth like a ratchet to keep them from slipping. I like the feet better as well. They’re just like extension ladder feet so you can flip’m and they dig into the ground when needed.

Sectional ladders are great!

Say Seth,

In my video I’m pointing out if the p-tool would work when the ladder rail is so close to the edge of the step, your following me right…Why don’t you make a quick video of the ladder in the same position as in my video with the p-tool in application in the same format as my video so others and myself can get a visual affect of what your p-tool can do ! Yo, bring it on Dude…I’m sure others will love it !

Post it here to add to the thread and also on a new thread , so others could see the affects of the p-tool ! I mean it is only helping others with what you endorse but mainly how it works, maybe you can also show it being used in several situations and that should give everybody a good idea of the p-tool !

DangerousDave2u / Advanced Winder Cleaner

I tried the Pivot Tool and didn’t like it because I had to bend over to pick it up and also to adjust the position for correct ladder placement on the ground. Also its an extra thing to carry around the house and it’s heavy.

Is my complaint about the Pivit Tool a sign of old age? I’m almost 60. :slight_smile:

No Mike I think it’s about application and functionality not your age, If you’ve used it before then you would know the functionality of it in comparison to ladder levelers…Now your point about the levlok’s is a good one and yes they are also highly functional, I’ve used those on several ladders and in my Advanced Window Cleaning experience I feel they are equal in functionality, and they both work great and effectively, the Levelok and the Extenda-Leg, and both are very, very safe !

Your fellow cleaner and Friend / and five years younger but one inch shorter…
Dange

Wow,

Way to go Mr.Paloera…You should find them highly functional in your application ! If you need any help in the learning curve just give me a call and I’ll help out where I can !

Your Friend Dange

P.S.
Sorry to hear about your friend !

Ryan, like Seth I’ve used my Pivit tool on every surface in an outside of a home w/ no problem. I’ve also used it w/ a 32ft ext on a very steep incline and it worked flawlessly. It hooks on the rungs of the ladder so carrying it is no issue.

Dange, in your video why couldn’t you move the ladder an inch or 2? Does it have to be right next to the step or is that done for effect?
Here’s a video showing how to start using the Pivit tool.

//youtu.be/k6utCHWTRyo

Ryan, the leveler you and Dange are using is the type that failed (when new) on my friend. There was a failure in the aluminum rod and it sheared off where the stops are at on the system. Yours may work fine but my biggest concern w/ any of these levelers is that with moving parts the potential for failure increase the more you use it. Do you plan on replacing your levelers at some point? Safety is important, right Dange.

The rod is STEEL not aluminum…So the leveler he must of used was different and I would have a problem with an ALUMINUM ROD ! YES TONY SAFETY IS MY MAJOR CONCERN !

Sorry TONY but the ladder was not set as an effect to run down the p-tool , If you pay attention to the video you’ll see why the ladder is set where it is at…To be able to clean the big middle plate and the slider plate !

To carry the ADDED weight is one of the main reasons Seth has said why he does not use the leveler, so pointing out that it’s carried on the ladder shows the weight is added to the ladder which shoots down Seth’s reason for not using levelers unless of course he doesn’t add it to his ladder !

Levelers are the STANDARD OF THE INDUSTRY and most window cleaners use them as a safety tools and for its effectiveness !

DANGEROUSDAVE2U / ADVANCED WINDOW CLEANER

I did pay attention Dange and didn’t see where 2 inches would have made a difference.

I said aluminum rod in my earlier post. That was incorrect. It was a failure or a steel rod. Sorry for the confusion.

I was comparing the fact that Seth and I have used the Pivit tool on a variety of surfaces not how it’s carried. Sorry if you got confused.

I haven’t seen the video. It doesn’t show up on my iPad or iPhone. I did say the Pivit Tool works in just about every situation. Not all, I suppose. I wish I had time for a video. I’m leaving for Cape Cod tomorrow morning for a week long vacation.

I’m pretty sure if you search Pivit Tool in the forum there will be many threads about it and how I’ve used it. There are probably even some pictures.

Not if Mike didn’t give the Pivit Tool a chance. And since I’ve talked to him about this on the phone. I’m pretty sure he didn’t give it a real chance. But no biggie. If people are used to regular ladder levelers then go for it. They are just not for me.

Hm that accident sounds pretty wild. I’ve always used leg levelers, but I’m not shooting down the pivot tool either. I think you made a great point in your vid Tony about using it for ladders you are renting. That would justify buying one in my case.
And no I haven’t replaced them on my ladder yet, because the sectionals are new. But in the past when I was working for another company, yes occasionally they would replace them, but not too often. Just preventive maintenence oiling and observing the parts, making sure everything looks and works ok.

How about the levelers on Alacos? What are your thoughts on them? Slightly different design, but similar. Anyone?

But… the levelers you use, Dave, are attached 24/7 to your ladder. That’s extra weight, all the time. I only carry the Pivit Tool when I need it. And since sectional ladders are oh so very versatile (as you know), I (we) don’t need it on every house, every window.

Also don’t discount the savings. Instead of having levelers on every ladder you can have one Pivit tool! Safety and economy. Can’t beat that.

Good point. And if you have 2 Pivit Tools you can use them as ladder jacks and put a plank across them. I did that once for an enormous exterior storm window over a bunch of azalea bushes.

Mister Squeegee ,what happened to your friend?i hope he sued the company and got very good compensation. Last year i had my ladder slip out on me on a LADDERMAT,almost broke both my feet (i still have bumps on my shinbones even now) .
After my accident i contacted the inventor to warn him his promotional video was bragging that it worked good on slippy surfaces .He responded in an unfriendly manner , and indeed his video is still promoting its use the same as before. Other people told me of near misses they had had(on UK forums),so i know the inventor knows he has an unsafe product on sale

Jonny, he fell almost a decade ago. He’s been in a wheelchair since. I don’t know the details of his dealings w/ the company so I won’t speculate on it. I do know he has been running an extremely successful window cleaning company all this time and has an incredible outlook on things. I wasn’t using the example to discredit Dange (which I think he’s taken it that way) but rather to remind everyone that what we assume to be safe just because we haven’t had issues w/ it isn’t really important. Never take the “I haven’t had an issue w/ it so it’s OK” approach.