Shoe Covers

Question: Why wear shoe covers when you can simply slip your shoes off instead? I never understood this…we simply remove our shoes when working on the inside…

It’s an added “touch of class” leaves a good lasting impression with many a customer!

People who are very particular,appreciate those little things;)

That’s why!!

I believe shoe covers represent a more professional image.

In addition, I have had to use a ladder inside a home, and stocking feet would be uncomfortable and less-than-safe.

I second this. Plus, you never know what will be on the customers floor. Some kids leave there small toy parts all over. Ever step on a piece of LEGO?

Perhaps C.F.P. should have worn shoe covers in that back yard where he stepped in dog crap…

I don’t think I get this, still. I figure our clients would much rather have us wear fresh, clean socks on their nice floors then risk our wet/muddy/hard shoes, with shoe covers on their floors instead.

I guess I just don’t see the "professional’ angle.

I think that Canada is a different animal, too, since in the US, all you guys wear your shoes all over your house, but people up here almost NEVER wear shoes indoors.

That must be part of it, too. Every time we visit friends down in the States, I forget this, and take my shoes off indoors, but they never do.

Nice, clean socks are every bit as professional as shoes, in my estimation, anyway, for our local market.

I see the ladder comfort angle, though, for sure…I hear you on that one.

People who are very particular, appreciate those little things

Yeah…I don’t think people up here care about this. I’ve always taken my shoes off inside, and been extremely well-received for this, as has my crew.

Never heard one person EVER ask about or even hint at or mention shoe covers in 9 years. Lots of them are super particular and picky, too. I think its a U.S. thing.

Oh well, who cares, really.

Just thought I’d throw the question out there…not looking to argue!

I remember a few years ago Sleep Country Canada advertised heavily about their crews wearing shoe covers. They still wear booties when they come into your home according to their website.

I can always appreciate good questions;) as a few have said…it makes a BIG difference with alot of clientele. Another thing too…we do an enormous amount of pure water cleaning,sometimes…we don’t always where rubber boots for the task and our sneakers & our socks get soaked without have a change available stepping into a home with wet soaking socks isn’t too professional.

I look at the investment as good one,not too mention we’ve also used them for outside(in some cases) when we do a gig where there are alot of dogs and “Land Mines” are in abundance:D

I remember a few years ago Sleep Country Canada advertised heavily about their crews wearing shoe covers. They still wear booties when they come into your home according to their website.

Good point. I thought of those guys too, since they walk inside & then back outside your home in 3 minutes.

I can see the soaking wet shoe problem, too, with WFP.

I’m definelty a ‘shoes off in the home’ kinda guy in general. And I would never put shoe covers over wet shoes or dirty shoes, that would be pointless. I just like working in shoes in the home. I see other home service professionals all the time using these. Carpet cleaners, painters, etc. I often joke with them that we buy our shoes at the same store.

Honestly, I’ve never had a customer request that I where shoe covers, but I do get many positive comments on them when they see them on me. At least once or twice a week. Heck, they’re cheap so why not?

Hi had a germaphob type lady request that I wear 2 sets of shoe covers over my socks… And yes they were clean.

This same lady years lady accused of my guys of stealing a picture of her son… Kinda weird.

We carry shoe covers but normally just sock it.