Shut-off for wfp

Is there anything that can be used on a wfp to cut-off the water supply? I have a shut-off valve on my DI tank, but was wondering if there is anything out there that can be used on the wfp itself.

Hey Sean

maybe something like this? We have a whole bunch of them…

I’m pretty sure thats what I’m looking for. I know its an inline valve but where would I install it? It cant be to close to the end if the pole because it wouldn’t go up into the pole when it is extended, even if so it couldn’t be turned on/off. Would I extend the pole out fully and install it inline at the base of the pole? Whats the price for one?

The only thing you have to worry about with that shut off valve is the handle breaking off from dropping it on to the ground. That is why I switched to the mini quick connect that shuts off when disconnected.

http://robinson-solutions.blogspot.com/2008/02/aquatec-peter-fogwill.html

http://robinson-solutions.blogspot.com/2008/06/new-auto-brush-unveiled.html

Shawn: Didn’t you have a valve model at one point that could clip to the operator’s belt?

We simply use a shut off valve that you sometimes find on spigots and attach them to the end of the hose where the wfp is connected. Make sure to get a brass or steel one, the plastic ones can’t withstand any rough treatment. Don’t let them drag on concrete, that too will ruin them.

I played around with one for a while, but in the end didn’t like being tethered to a couple hundred foot long hose.

I have been using a gated wye at the end of my 300’ of line. I am able to turn the water on and off righ ta t the end of the hose that attaches to the pole. and can use two poles on one line that way. Hope that helps?

1 Like

Aw yes Foggy’s autobrush! Combine that brush w/ Shawn’s new backpack and my monthly house route is wfp easy!

I think you have to modify the backpack to do that - the pressure switch will cut out if you use the auto-brush with the backpack. I use it with my trolley though. Another way is using my remote control as long as the battery is well charged.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board.:frowning:

I saw an old timer that had a shut off in his tucker pole he made it out of parts he picked up at home depot in the air compressor area. I have something similar but I couldnt explain it if my life depended on it. Its so simple Im just an idiot when it comes to naming part or tools and all that but i have a male and female part that I pull back on the female connect the male. Ok Im rambling. final answer yes…

A picture might help you explain it

How about a in-line ball valve and some quick couplers.:slight_smile:

Like this?

oh YES !!!

Ok, I’ve improved big time on my use of the WFP - Used the reach Around the other day and everything, but this thing of having to kink the hose or something to move, or talk to the customer or just change positions is getting annoying. I bought a pinch valve the other day thinking that it was going to solve all my problems, and it might, but not right now, since it will need some tweaking.

My question here is simple, how can I put something at the end of the pole to shut the water no matter how far the pole is extended at any given time ?

In-line valve is a no since you will have a different length of hose each time depending how far extended the pole is.
My only option now to make things a little more easier is to run my hose outside pole, but seems inconvenient and it might sounds stupid, but the pole doesn’t look that professional anymore (personal opinion)

What you guys do or suggest ?

I’m looking for valves like these. Do you still have any?

We’ve got them in stock.

https://shopwindowcleaner.com/wcr-in-line-shut-off-valve.html