Skin cancer warning :

A sore that recurs or does not heal, is likely a skin cancer.

I had this pin dot wound that would come and go for a year. Then it got bigger.

Yesterday I got a chunk of flesh removed from my ear - basically, a surgeon will remove 1/8" to 1/5" ‘margin’ to make sure it is all removed.

The result, thanks to a decent surgeon, is a smaller ear …

So - keep it in mind for you and all your staff - if something seems not right, it probably isn’t …

I’m lucky that this is a BASAL CELL Cancer - it is isolated and non-invasive. If it were a melanoma, it’s likely I would already be dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

WOW… Scary stuff. Im glad you caught it early.

Very scary! I used to not wear sunscreen. About 2 years ago I started wearing sunscreen and sun protection clothing everyday. When my dad was diagnosed with skin cancer it opened up my eyes! Luckily they caught the cancer in time. We were nervous because only 1,500 people a year would get the cancer he had. It is primarily found in people over 65 years old. Thank God he is cancer free now!

I’m sorry to hear that, Perry. Happy that you’re through it.

Perry that had to be scary, I am very happy to hear that it was non-invasive.

Take care of yourself, you have so much more to offer this world my friend!

Ha - I’m not finished yet !

I’m not afraid to die, but damn - it would be a shame !

I’m glad you’re doing fine now. That’s got to be a scary situation you were in. That’s why I never forget to wear sunscreen, no matter how tedious it can be at times to put it all over the exposed skin.

Just get the sunscreen without zinc:

Sunscreen ingredient may pose skin cancer risk, researchers find

Thanks for the post Jared. You made me go check the ingredients on the sunscreen I wear. The one I use doesn’t have zinc.

just a thought often things that “cause” cancer are done in studies that have little bearing ever on actual exposure. Not taking a stand one way or another but found this interesting

Badger’s Response to press release: “Sunscreen Ingredient May Increase Skin Cancer Risk”

I agree. I posted that just as an FYI. Maybe it does maybe it doesn’t.

Just like "diet soda " is very bad and everything is out to kill us and we’re destroying the planet and the planet is destroying us and eventually we’ll all be working for squirrels in their nut mines…

Sent from my Panasonic VCR. Please set the clock before responding.

Exactly
I just was informed breathing causes cancer!

That’s absurd. In MY studies, breathing causes paranoia. 100% of paranoid people breathe. I’d be happy to expand my sample, but I’m pretty confident in the findings.

Yep… nano technology is devised to inject straight into your tissue & showing up in a lot of products. Zinc oxide was one of the best forms of sunscreen (without the cancer giving properties) before they nano’d it. I’m sure people will walk away with “zinc = bad = don’t buy products with zinc.”