Skylight help

Any suggestions would be appreciated
. Thanks!

How dirty are they?

If you have a way of catching the drips, I would say a Moerman Excelerator on a wfp. It’ll be a neck breaker pretty much however you do it, but I think the excelerator would be the quickest.

1 Like
  1. Step ladder and use a spray foam and huck towels.

2. Moerman Excelerator on a pole, like Alex suggested.

3. Unger indoor kit with the green pads.

1 Like

How well do you think the green pads will get it. There is a thick cloudy film. But I think it’s just the c02 from people breathing

If you go the pad route, which I have done on some peoples houses, beware of that film. It can gather on the pads rather quickly and streak. I usually have a pad wet with my solution in that situation as it can make my polish pad last longer, but that is a lot of skylights for that method. I would just throw thin plastic paint drop cloths over the areas I would be working, as long as there wasn’t something super valuable in that area, and use the moerman pulled toward you to save your neck a bit.

Use the deep cleaning or Washing pads first then the green pad follow-up with spray way or 50-50 pure water rubbing alcohol on a trad pole or wfp. Call me if you need any of these items 865-310-0728

1 Like

I would not recommend using an indoor kit on anything that actually needs " Cleaned " or that has not been cleaned for a long time. We use the Indoor kit on some regularly cleaned route work and it only really is effective for easy maintenance.

5 Likes

Have you seen WASPAK glasses or those glasses rock climbers use? You look straight ahead and the prism bounces the light at an angle so you can see above.