So what did you take away from this year's NOLA event?

Looks like a good movie… hope there’s not a scene of me staggering back to the Provincial in it though.

[LIST]
[]This is the most serious, business-minded group in the industry.
[
]We play almost as hard as we work
[]The information shared and help given [I]both on and off stage[/I] is unprecedented
[
]That people will approach you on Bourbon Street and ask, “Are you the guy having the [I]cool [/I]event? We are registered at the other one but is it too late to attend NOLA?”
[]That next year never comes
[
]There are way too many young, handsome, bald, white go-getters and that when you meet them all at once [U]they all look alike[/U]! And that makes me a racist! :stuck_out_tongue:
[]I am sad that I can’t get to know everyone as well as I would like and spend time to really get to know people.
[
]The kind words and compliments about this event touched me more than I could express. I haven’t been to a lot of events and when guys who have been to more than I have had hot lunches tell me, “It’s the best” [FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=2]it is truly humbling.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[]I could not have put on this event without Don Marler coming to my rescue. I also owe Micah and Jeremy big time.
[
]That I had to cut my closing remarks drastically short because when I tried to express what was truly in my heart I got all choked up and would have completely lost it if I continued. Y’all are the best.
[*][B]And last, if I don’t have NOLA 2013 I will get the biggest blanket party in history! How does January 25 and 26 sound?[/B]
[/LIST]

I just realized- we didn’t give away the last PowerWash.com $100 gift card.
First NOLA attendee to respond gets it!

me?

You.

Yay!

Couple of other things I learned.

My bald head is not distinguishable from others
There is no such thing as a sin in New Orleans (according to a resident)
The doors never lock
Cafe De Monde is cash only
The way many of you clean roofs is not possible in our region. and you all get high prices!
Crawfish are over-rated
Even though the Saints were not in the Superbowl, you could not tell that the day of the Super Bowl
Just buy Jack by the bottle
It is possible to turn 300 degrees while puking. I witnessed it!
You must watch for poo on the street
Enjoy the smell of wonderful food cause chances are the next scent you’ll get is pee.

Almost all of those things only apply on Bourbon Street.
There is soooo much more to New Orleans, and even to the French Quarter.

Bourbon is just for tourists!

Well you guys have officially rubbed this in my face long enough now. Next year - sign me up.

What the hell, can I just prepay now?

New Orleans Contractor Networking Event 2013… - Eventbrite

Dawn and I have our spot reserved.

What did I get from NOLA 2012?

A self-inflicted butt-kicking for not making it there!! :mad:

But I’m already over that because there are 2 less tickets available for NOLA 2013. :smiley:

I learned I need to improve my note taking skills
Does anyone have April’s number?
I learned I will be changing my business plan this year
I learned if you win one of the prizes it could turn into a fantastic swap meet :smiley:
Not only does Jason enjoy motor boating but he recreates the sounds ALL NIGHT :stuck_out_tongue:

I really do need April’s number if any of you have it handy

1-888-718-bids

thanks Thad

I learned that the next generation of window cleaners will take it much farther than my generation. The young minds are so sharp, I started out with 3/5 cards and a box file for CRM and guys at NOLA were walking around with iPads and Customer Factor. I meet so many people that I have talked to on the phone but putting a face with a name was awesome. I also learned Alex can break a Reach It pole by standing on it

Haha John … that was a [SIZE=4]SNAP !!! [/SIZE]But, to be fair, it was exactly the same test as this video : Awesome Waterfed Pole Strength Test - YouTube - raised 6" at each end of the top section … over 6’ - and on uneven floor … That was my demo that I was going to do in front of everyone … I think Alex must weigh more than me ! Good thing we have our NO-BLAME WARRANTY eh - if that happened to any section of your pole, we will replace it for FREE - no freight, no cost.

Back to the Thread topic - What I learned from NOLA is that ‘colourful beads are a currency’ - I am bringing brighter and bigger ones next year.

I learned that there are some AWESOME guys that stay at the Provincial Hotel … you know who you are !

I learned that Andygator Beer, Oysters, and Horse Radish sauce put a grin on my face from ear-to-ear exactly as predicted by Thad …

I learned that NOLA is the place to be next year … learn more, win more !!

I learned that I can survive on 4 hours sleep a night for a week … and look like a walking zombie at the same time … and hold really cool conversations at the same time … and do my job at the same time … I think I am Practically Indestructible !

Seriously Thad - an AWESOME event ! The best room full of ambition I have ever been in … I highly recommend it to everyone who wants to know what to do next !

Since Nola is upon us I thought we could re-visit this…

I actually got super stoked just now with your post! Looking forward to it.