Sorbo vs Superchannel

Hey I’ve been using a 26" sorbo for the past couple of seasons and its been a good squeegee but the rubbers are really expensive. The pulex rubbers are way cheaper and would fit an ettore superchannel so thinking of getting a 36" and cutting it down to 26. Does anyone know how the superchannels compare to the sorbo? I mean, they look similar but not sure how well they work. Just dont want to spent 500 on a box of rubbers I’m never gonna use. Any ideas/comments?

I will try Ettore Soren rubber or Black Diamonds for widebodied channels next time I buy new rubbers.
I think they will beat Pulex.

1 Like

The Ettore Soren rubber is AMAZING! It’s more expensive but its worth it. I buy the 36" and cut them into what sizes I need. They last a long time. I haven’t tried Black Diamond before so I can’t say much about them.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Also, the Sorbo channels are better in my opinion. The Superchannel needs more pressure when closing out because of the lip on the squeegee. Sorbo is a light pressure tool. Lighter pressure = faster window cleaning.

Thanks! Excited to buy. But will be to the next season.
Have some Sorbo rubbers left.
But I agree to buy longer rubbers and then cut them down to the size I want.

One option is to buy Sorbo’s rubber cutter that you can use to cut your rubbers down. It shaves off a couple of millimeters off along the top edge of the rubber leaving a brand new square edge. It’s a bit expensive but it does work. It great for the bigger channels because the rubber is more expensive. He says you can cut the rubber like 3 times per groove in the channel. So you cut it down twice then put the rubber in the next groove up and cut it again until you raise it up again etc. So you get like 12 rubbers out of one.

Another option is the channel that uses the double sided rubber. Then channels are just like the Sorbo but you flip the rubber, so you get twice the use out of the same rubber.

2 Likes

Superchannel = crap
Sorbo = gold

1 Like

Have you tried the squidgee channel looks like a sorbo channel. But can take all the different brands of rubbers sorbo ettore and Barron and unger rubbers. The only place that seems to sell them is the window cleaning store in Canada

Eureka they really dont work great with sorbo rubbers as there is a lot of play http://www.windowcleaningworld.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=12&product_id=545

Yeah thats knda what I was concerned about. The light pressure thing on the sorbo is a big thing for me. Maybe I’ll just stick with sorbo. No vehicle so cant carry that rubber cutter unfortunately.

1 Like

Eureka seem to be a cheap crapy made channel that really don’t belong in a professional window cleaners bucket

You could carry them in your back pocket, but whats easier is just take a few pre cut new rubbers with in the bucket.

Be for you know you’ll have a vehicle, just keep pounding the pavement man! You got this!

Sorbo all day

1 Like

Kind of like Godzilla Vs. Magilla Gorilla

1 Like

I love our super channels. I think the 18 inch is crap but the longer lenghts work great.

2 Likes

Yeah idk only ever bought 1 coz the shop didn’t have a sorbo so bought a 24" it was crap, never again, every sorbo ever picked up works perfectly why change

2 Likes

So Ettore actually makes something that is “crap”. I find that hard to believe. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I tried it for myself after seeing your videos. They’re pretty nice. Even ordered a second just to try the 36", its actually pretty fun. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ya the longer lengths cut down are great

I was practicing with the Sorbo 60 inch squeegee tonight. It definitely takes some weird angles and some learning but I can see where this baby will be useful. I will post some photos and videos when I get it down.

5 Likes