SPRAT Rope Access Training

Just wondering how much interest is out there for Rope Access training? I have an opportunity to organize a SPRAT level 1 training course in New Orleans around the IWCA convention, either before or after. This would be a great opportunity to receive the best Rope Access training available, and to get “Certified”, by a nationally recognized organization. As window cleaners, allot of us think we already no the ropes, however the truth of the matter is, we just do not know-- what – we do not know. My very first SPRAT experience back in the day on the Hoover Dam, was an eye opening experience, and I hope to be able to share that with the rest of the industry.

I receive nothing from this. Only the peace of mind that I am doing what I can to save lives.

The details are not in place yet. I’d like to get a feel for how much interest is out there in order to organize this event.

I would be interested, but i cant get there.

If I was going, or there was one closer, I would be all over it!

I might be interested if it could be done before the IWCA show.

Thank You to everyone who has shown interest in a SPRAT level 1 training course. *It has taken longer then expected to get a course organized, at a reasonable price leading up to the IWCA showcase in New Orleans, February 2nd - 4th.

The course dates are January 26th - 29th, with a short written test, and hands on evaluation, to be conducted on January 30th, by an independent evaluator. *The successful students will receive a SPRAT Level 1 Certification.

The Course will be given by Rope Access Technologies, at their site near the New Orleans airport.

Rope Access Technology
18 Twenty-Third Street
P.O. Box 1271
Kenner, LA 70062
Phone:504-466-3333
Fax:*504-466-7433
Rope Access Technology USA

All gear will be provided. The price of the course is $1300.00 per student.

Please contact Andy Kates to Register and answer your questions.*

Andy Kates phone #: (504) 466-3333.

Email: *[email protected]

You can also look at the “Certification Requirements for Rope Access Work” here.*

http://sprat.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Certification-Requirements-February-09.pdf

The purpose of organizing this event is solely to increase the safety level of the Window Cleaners in our industry. I am receiving nothing for this, except knowing that it will save lives down the road. *Becoming exposed to the world of Rope Access has been an eye opening experience for me, and I hope to share that experience with you. *Many of us have 20+ years of experience on rope, and think we know what it takes to be safe and create a safe working environment for our employees. *However, the fact of the matter is - We simply don’t know, what we do not know. *The skills I have learned along the way to reaching my current Level 2 certifications from SPRAT and IRATA have revolutionized my capabilities in performing Rope Access work, and in training my own employees. *We are now capable of rigging and accessing areas we never thought possible in the past. Following Rope Access procedures in job site evaluation, job hazard analysis, work site access plans, and job site rescue planning, has not only enabled us to gain work, but has also provided a much higher level of safety for our own team.

I urge all of you to make the sacrifice necessary to attend this training session, and take the knowledge home to your own organizations. *This will contribute to a safer working environment for all of you.

Sincerely,

Jeff Scott
Green Window Cleaning Services,LLC
(608)770-0791
[email protected]
[email protected]

So it costs 1300? I thought it was free:)

This is a separate course then what is being offered by the IWCA. This is a SPRAT course ( Society of Rope Access Technicians ). Follow the link in my previous post. This far exceeds anything currently being offered by the IWCA. The IWCA’s classes are highly valuable to gain a basic understanding. The SPRAT course is the creme de’ la creme of rope access training, and gains the successful candidate a Level 1 certification, of 3 levels. Again, please follow the link in my previous post for a better understanding.

Hey I’m really interested in taking this course. Can you please let me know if it’s Available I live an hour away from Nola in Venice Louisiana. Really wanna get started. Please tell me it’s still available

Well 9 years later I don’t know if you’ll get a response. But I will say that close friend of mine did the course in Las Vegas a few years ago and he really enjoyed it and learned a lot. Hope you can get into it!

Thanks man I realized it was 9 years old after I replied :joy::joy:.

LOL yeah i figured, You should definitely go to the course though if you get the chance, I don’t know if it’s still in Vegas or if they move it around every year or what, but my friend loved it and I wish I had gone when I had the chance.

Sweet! There’s a local crew that also does training in other states sometimes too, figured it’d be good for reference:

https://riggingforrescue.com/