Start up - Indiana

No problem.
Keep in mind that rust will do the same thing on the outside glass as well. I’ve found that if you keep it as dry as you can and check it each time you use it, you’re safe. When you do see signs of rust, you sometimes can unroll the wool and refold it from the inside out and get more use out of it.
Have you tried using white pads? They are effective most of the time (not all the time) and won’t rust.

Haven’t used white pads. Thought about giving them a try. I would assume not as good as wool though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

White pads get some tough stuff off, just not the real tough stuff like stain or silicone. The advantage of white pads is that you don’t have to remop the glass. Just squeegee and you’ll be fine.

Keep in mind that you shouldn’t be getting every bid you write. If you are, you’re definitely not charging enough. I’ll occasionally just start charging more per pane on my bids and see what happens. If they’re willing to pay more, then you should charge what they’re willing to pay. That said, the pricing you described is a perfect starting point. I’d probably go higher on the storms. Anything that is more difficult should command a higher rate per hour.

Also, I would caution you against sharing per-pane pricing with customers. They don’t know how to count their windows, so you’ll never come up with the same price. Also, it preserves your right to add on $100 for their landscaping, or the drive, or the fact that she sounded on the phone like she was going to be high maintenance. I always say to customers that we don’t charge by the pane, we charge by the job.

Thanks Western!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

I started my Window cleaning buisness in Carmel last year my rates are roughly the same. $4 casment one side $6 dh one side $7 patio. I charge $3 per screen however but i wet wash them.

1 Like

Carmel, IN its just the northern tip of indianapolis