Started my biggest job so far today

It’s a medical center. I’ve been driving by it everyday for 2 years, can see the dirty windows from my car. I don’t think they’ve ever been cleaned. I always wanted it, but never thought they’d give me the job. I got a kick in the pants from a friend, told me to just go for it. Got in touch with the ACEO and he was all fired up about getting the windows done before the end of the year while they had the money to spend. I was thinking I would be able to do it from ropes, but turns out they didn’t put anchors on the roof. So I rented a boom lift, all by myself, like a big kid. They’re paying me 6000$ plus the cost of the lift. Should be done in a few days. I’ve never made this kind of money before.

First day today went really well, got way more done than I planned for. The lift works great. People are holding up signs in their windows saying thank you and stuff, it’s wild. The glass is really nice, hardly any staining. My water is solid black after just a few windows but they’re coming out so clean, it’s awesome.

14 Likes

That’s a solid contract to land. Congrats man!

Thank you! Hoping I can squeeze them for quarterly.

The facade, really looking forward to this part this weekend.

3 Likes

that’s awesome, happy for you!

1 Like

I would recommend a 2x/year, spring and fall… doesn’t sound too pushy and it’s a great ticket even at a discount for maintenance cleans

2 Likes

And once you get this first clean done and you can WFP those (and hopefully ditch the lift)

1 Like

Super job man! Congrats on landing the gig. Hopefully you can do it a couple of times a year, or yearly at least. It is a lot of windows and stay safe on that lift! But $6 grand is a nice deposit into the account. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really happy for you

1 Like

@ZeroReady congrats on landing this job. It takes tremendous courage to take a chance like you did.

2 Likes

Congratulations! I Hope you get them for regular maintenance cleans.

1 Like

How does that process work?

It’s easier than renting a car. I called the rental place, told them what I needed and when. Gave them 2000$ and the lift showed up at the job. It’s mine for a week.

I just added the cost into the quote for the cleaning.

2 Likes

The fact that you had to rent a boom for a job like this is money flushed down the toilet. And unless you have this on at least a bi-yearly schedule, it’s a nothing burger.

If it’s a one time job, then it’s nothing.

I mean they paid for the boom not me. Not my money.

1 Like

No, no, no. You left that money on the table. With a proper WFP, you charge the same and save on the lift rental.

Mate those windows hadn’t been touched by a human hand in 20 years. There’s no way that many layers of crap were coming off without soap and scraping.

4 Likes

so you razored them?

Yeah most of them.

As long as you get what the job is worth outside of the $2k lift rental. So that means you have a charge for you to clean all of those windows PLUS the charge of the lift rental, correct?