Starting Soon. My Strategy. Any other tips?

I will be starting my WC Business in about a month. I am doing so because:

1. My current work is drying up, so I need extra income.
  2. My wife owns a house cleaning business (residential and commercial) so I will have a lot of contacts already.
  3. Looking for something new in general.

If you are wondering why I don’t just add WC as a new service of my wife’s business… well, we have thought about that as well and we have determined that, at least to begin with, it will be easier to be separate entities on paper and possibly merge a few years down the line.

My current job has me working mostly weekends/evenings. So my plan is to do part time WC work Mon-Thurs without any real marketing. No website, no social media. Just business cards and word of mouth until I can phase out of my other job. While on these part time jobs I will have pictures taken, work on my website, social media, work on an ad campaign, work on a CRM, work on quickbooks, and all of the other backend things. Once I have officially quit my other job I will do a “Grand opening” and launch everything at once(flyers, door knocking, canvassing businesses, launch website, offer new customer specials, etc.).

I guess I am wondering if any of you established people think this is the correct route, think I might be doing something wrong, or just have anything to add?

Thank you in advance

2 Likes

Window clean 3 to 4 hours a day, take a break, then go to your night/weekend job. When it comes time to drop the night/weekend gig you will already be up and running and just need to add more customers. Most house cleaners/office cleaners don’t do windows, so take advantage of the “foot in the door” and piggy-back your wife’s cleaning business. Your end of window cleaning can also cross market your wife’s cleaning business. Think huge man, don’t be afraid, do it!

2 Likes

Thanks! Thats the Plan! Waiting on supplies to come in the mail and am going to get started on a few houses next week!

1 Like