Streaks on straight pulls

Looking for suggestions. I’ m new to this and working on technique. I have ordered a couple of good squeegees from WCR, but for now I have a cheap new Unger 10” or 12” from home depot. My fanning is pretty good for beginners, but my straight pulls keep getting a streak in between each pull after the first. All the way down the window. I tried more pressure, less pressure, changing angles, angling the squeegee down on the dry side but nothing helps. I am pulling a little slow when coming down. So is it my green hand, to slow pulling down or possibly just a piece of crap squeegee?

If you are doing this as mentioned and still have a line of water on the dry side, my guess is that you have bad rubber, the ends usually go first and leave lines, or you’re dragging something stuck on the rubber like a hair.

Have you flipped the rubber over already to see or how often are you changing the rubber?

Streaks or lines?

I haven’t flipped the rubber yet, it’s only been used an hour or two. I may try that anyhow.

Sorry for the confusion, it leaves a wet line not a streak. Almost like the corner edge isn’t touching. I will try a new piece of rubber and see if that helps

Blockquote[quote=“MJ79, post:2, topic:55346, full:true”]

Have you flipped the rubber over already to see or how often are you changing the rubber?
[/quote]

Thanks again! I flipped the rubber and it’s working much better now. Also I may have had too much water on the window as well.

Sometimes if you cut a rubber to make it fit into a channel you can cut it unevenly, in other words always try to make a straight, even cut with a scraper or rubber cutter.

That’s caused me to have streaking like that before.