Stucco Overspray

Hey Folks,

I’ve got a residential CCU with a bit of stucco overspray, some of which is on some tempered patio doors. What do you find to be the best way to deal with this stuff? I cleaned one window already with oilflo and a razor when I did the estimate; the oilflo seemed to lubricate the glass so the scraper worked a little easier. I haven’t touch the patio doors yet. What is the safest method for this situation? I read something about “cementoff” from Titan Labs a while back but I have not been able to locate the product. Any other good cleaning solutions? I have a scratch waiver of course.

Thank You For Your Expertise,
Dean

1. Heat-treated glass waiver.

2. Phosphoric acid solution and a hog’s hair brush prior to scraping to break the stucco’s bond without trapping debris as I move across the glass.

Use the [B]Search[/B] feature to find more posts.

I’ll second Larry’s advice.

I take it all back.

Yes; this is a Groucho Marx reference…

Look at Larry going old school on me! Nice one!:wink:

Thanks for the input. I think I’ll pick up that Dan Fields DVD as well, probably wouldn’t hurt. I swore off CCU’s a couple years ago due to a scratch incident-very scary! I ended up saving the situation with a Glasweld Scratch Removal System. It fixed the problem but I have no intention of adding scratch removal to my list of services-way too grueling! It’s nice to have it around though as added insurance.

Or you can purchase from a more reputable company.

http://shop.windowcleaner.com/category.sc?categoryId=53

If you’re gonna learn one thing about this business, Leonard, it’s that THAT supplier is evil.

+1

Read Post #3 from Michael J Draper
Clearly Windows
Bloomington, IL
www.clearlywindowscleaning.com