Super Slip Solutions

The greatest super slip solution that I have every found was a combination of a 35% active cocamidopropylbetaine and some trisodium phosphate. I also had great success with a product called Sansco Window Cleaning Concentrate and some TSP or a 26 degree ammonia. When testing Super Slips I always use the same concentration and compare using the exact same window. Cuz glass can be really different. The “hydrophobic glass” that we talk about can be very sticky. I am making a video now called Zero. Just started shooting a couple days ago with a friend. It is all about using zero degree squeegees. Super Slips are essential here. Because when using a zero we need to use a little retrograde for the last closing pass.

Henry

2 Likes

I though TSP was pretty slippery on it own? Could have sworn I read that here in a thread.

Can be. Just depends on how much slip you want. For certain techniques I like to be able to actually moves backwards with the squeegee two to four inches. I call this retrograde motion.

Henry

2 Likes

You did.

Maybe this is the thread (one of many)

TSP is slippery

1 Like

Great thread. I agree that TSP is a great chem. Does a great job. Does break down the surface tension of water a lot however. And doesn’t give you any suds. So I will add some soap just for that. So I can see what I am doing. But the soap also gives the solution a little more glide. The ultimate slip.

Henry

TSP is really slick but that slip don’t transfer into maneuvering your squeegee on the glass as well as dish soap. I still hold to the theory that suds ad slip to the squeegee. It’s allows air under the squeegee which allows your squeegee to float across the glass. That’s all theory of course.

I have used some window cleaning solutions that can both in an arousal and liquid solutions. Both had the same ingredients other than the added ingredient for the arousal spray. The arousal was much more foaming than the liquid form and was much slicker on the glass (much like dish soap). Also with the arousal spray if you waited a minute the foam would go away and the liquid would be left in the glass and when you squeegee it wouldn’t be as slick as it was when you squeegee right away.

I’ve had the same experience with dish soap. Dish soap can break down over time and lose its sudsing action and is not as slick anymore.

No I haven’t done any official testing beyond simple observation but my official theory based on experience and observation is that suds add slip. Because of this I don’t think it’s possible to have a soap that is as slick as dish soap without suds.

Could be true. Thanx for substantiating my belief that soap adds to the effect of TSP. I believe too that some windows are sticky and others not so much. Even glass that feels smooth to the dry touch can be very sticky and hydrophobic. If I remove this surface by polishing, the glass becomes hydrophylic. Then I can fan with pure water. Add TSP and Dawn or Sansco or cocamidopropylbetaine;…and I can go backwards!

Henry

I absolutely agree that some glass is stickier than it her glass surfaces. I usually describe it as being “rough” glass and it is much harder to manuov r on then glass that has a much smoother surface.

whatapane
https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30785780/windowcleaner.com?p=eyJzIjoibVRtRVJnVTZGVWYxbWxXenl4VHlaRHRLWU5VIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDc4NTc4MCxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL3dpbmRvd2NsZWFuZXIuY29tXFxcL2NvbW11bml0eVxcXC91XFxcL3doYXRhcGFuZVwiLFwiaWRcIjpcIjhmNzU5OTI4MjdjMzRiMjk5NmRiZDE1NGRlNmZiOTgyXCIsXCJ1cmxfaWRzXCI6W1wiYmY5NGI4NDlhODhhNmM4ODEwYjMxZmE5MWYxYTlkZTJmNTk0OGFlZVwiXX0ifQ Silver
Squeegee
September 3

I absolutely agree that some glass is stickier than it her glass surfaces.
I usually describe it as being “rough” glass and it is much harder to
manuov r on then glass that has a much smoother surface.

Visit Topic
https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30785780/windowcleaner.com?p=eyJzIjoiV2tKMjRrbllaeVVMTTJhX3lfTnBwZ1Z0RGVZIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDc4NTc4MCxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL3dpbmRvd2NsZWFuZXIuY29tXFxcL2NvbW11bml0eVxcXC90XFxcL3N1cGVyLXNsaXAtc29sdXRpb25zXFxcLzQ0NDkwXFxcLzhcIixcImlkXCI6XCI4Zjc1OTkyODI3YzM0YjI5OTZkYmQxNTRkZTZmYjk4MlwiLFwidXJsX2lkc1wiOltcImQxNTYyYzFiMTY0YjJhZDAwNTQ4MTEzMDgxM2ZhZGUyYWMxMDA1NjVcIl19In0
or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To
Henry
https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30785780/windowcleaner.com?p=eyJzIjoiTmVIVkhrM3otMEFvblJKYmUtcjhNc21VZWwwIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDc4NTc4MCxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL3dpbmRvd2NsZWFuZXIuY29tXFxcL2NvbW11bml0eVxcXC91XFxcL2hlbnJ5XCIsXCJpZFwiOlwiOGY3NTk5MjgyN2MzNGIyOTk2ZGJkMTU0ZGU2ZmI5ODJcIixcInVybF9pZHNcIjpbXCJmYTc1Nzc4MDZiMDQyMzEyYTNkODdlOGM5ZTQxYzUxNGNjNzk3OTBmXCJdfSJ9 Silver
Squeegee
September 3
Could be true. Thanx for substantiating my belief that soap adds to the
effect of TSP. I believe too that some windows are sticky and others not so
much. Even glass that feels smooth to the dry touch can be very sticky and
hydrophobic. If I remove this surface by polishing, the glass becomes hyd…

Visit Topic
https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30785780/windowcleaner.com?p=eyJzIjoiV2tKMjRrbllaeVVMTTJhX3lfTnBwZ1Z0RGVZIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDc4NTc4MCxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL3dpbmRvd2NsZWFuZXIuY29tXFxcL2NvbW11bml0eVxcXC90XFxcL3N1cGVyLXNsaXAtc29sdXRpb25zXFxcLzQ0NDkwXFxcLzhcIixcImlkXCI6XCI4Zjc1OTkyODI3YzM0YjI5OTZkYmQxNTRkZTZmYjk4MlwiLFwidXJsX2lkc1wiOltcImQxNTYyYzFiMTY0YjJhZDAwNTQ4MTEzMDgxM2ZhZGUyYWMxMDA1NjVcIl19In0
or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30785780/windowcleaner.com?p=eyJzIjoiZG9IdkY1cW9xdU1GWUk5TjFUTDVMdDB4RjhBIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDc4NTc4MCxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwczpcXFwvXFxcL3dpbmRvd2NsZWFuZXIuY29tXFxcL2NvbW11bml0eVxcXC9lbWFpbFxcXC91bnN1YnNjcmliZVxcXC83NmIxY2UxNGVlMzRjZGEyY2VlYmVjM2Y3MTk0NjVhZjk5M2Y3ZjllN2Q1MjAxMmE3NjE2NDU1MjBhMmM0ZmMzXCIsXCJpZFwiOlwiOGY3NTk5MjgyN2MzNGIyOTk2ZGJkMTU0ZGU2ZmI5ODJcIixcInVybF9pZHNcIjpbXCJhMmEzMzQ5MTViOTQyZTJlNGM0YmY1NGFjMjM4MmMyZWM1ZGZmNDhiXCJdfSJ9
Say Whatapane. Do I know you? Please come back to me by email.
[email protected]

1 Like

What the heck is this? I’m a little confused. @Henry_Grover_Advance is this a reply from you? I’ve never seen a reply look like this. Was there some glitch with the reply posting properly? Anyways what was your reply if you were posting one? Be glad to respond. Thanks for your interesting posts And research. I enjoy the information. It’s nice to know someone is working to solve the questions many of us non scientist have been trying to figure out for years.

Whatapane,

We are all scientists. And your questions are excellent. I was only asking for you to contact me by email since I like to communicate closer with those window cleaners that I have a closer connection with. And I really need to keep a list of everyone by personal name along with their business name. To be more personal and organized.

By the way. You are absolutely correct regarding the sealants. I tested the “Wet and Seal” in the field yesterday. It did not give the same results as when I made that video. Glass surfaces absolutely must be prepared first. Although there are products like Rain X that have a little sulfuric acid in them which chemically attacks the surface just enough so the sealant works better. I know Aquapel also works real good without prepping the surface much. Man there must be a hundred different sealants out there since Repcon came out back in 1972.

Glass Smart Products is the name of my blog. But I am really not into product development. More into research and testing. And of course as everyone knows I am not very focused.

Email me if you want. Otherwise thanx for your attention and contributions!

Henry