SUPER SOAPS ! Want some?

Just found four more Super Soaps. Essentially what it comes down to is finding a soap that will produce a water based solution with a surface tension of between 20 to 23 dynes per cm, at a percent concentration of at least .1, for a price of 100 bux per gallon or less. I should check into the price per gallon if we were to buy a fifty five gallon drum instead of a five gallon pail.

Henry

1 Like

Looking forward to it Henry! My favorite is the Panther. So maybe that super could turn the water black or something :wink:

That is one gorgeous cat! As it turns out there are many different Super Soaps out there. I really want you guys to tell me which is the best. So I have already placed some orders. What I am learning now is certain companies have denied my request for samples. They have turned me over to their distributors who want to charge me hundreds for a sample. This is a new wall. Not one I can’t get around. I think the first step will be to get what I can and put that out to everyone. This will be a community project.

Henry

3 Likes

The community project is ongoing. I made a few more calls today. My sample requests were denied. The manufacturers wanted to sell me samples for hundreds of bux. So I am now going a different route. These Super Soaps are otherwise know as Super Wetters. One of them is an Organo Silicone Surfactant. It is polyether-polymethylpolysiloxane copolymer. The products made from this chemistry are used primarily in agriculture. Because they help water to spread out on the oily/hydrophobic surface of leaves and penetrate into the plant. One company that sells this product is Monterey AgResources. The address is montereyagresources.com Also take a look at another website. http://www.pcimag.com/ext/resources/VirtualBrochure/Air_Products_Dynol.pdf This is one of the surfactants I was denied. My new direction is to try to get gallon samples from the manufacturers of products like Hi-Wett Super Spreader from Loveland Products in Loveland CO.

I guarantee this line of products will be revolutionary to our industry! And I will get them to you.

Henry

Hi Jordie,

Dynol is one of the chems I have been trying to get even just a four ounce sample of, but without success. Here is an excellant video that Air Products has put out on these chems/products.

Hope you like it. If you watch it a few times you can really learn a lot.

Henry

What is so truly amazing to me is that these products are so abundant but the manufacturers are so incredibly tight with samples. Times have changed my friends. Twenty years ago I had a kitchen filled with chemicals, and powders. Half of which I obtained as samples. The internet was but a newborn child at that time. So I ordered my products by phone and fax. They came by UPS delivered on my back porch which was upstairs from a restaurant. I had about 2,500 material safety data sheets in a file cabinet.

Henry

Fascinating…this is exactly what I was after when I asked you about a soap for hydrophobically sealed glass. Which Dynol were you requesting samples of? The 360, 604, & 960 look pretty interesting from their explanation of what it is ideal for.

@Henry, came across this, not sure it is what you’re looking for but…
http://www.lankem.eu/sample-request.html?gclid=CPSqjMWnkc8CFY48gQodlIQNXw

Very sure it was the 900 line. These are based on silicon. The only way you can get a lower dyne is to go to a flourine based surfactant.

Henry

Looks like you got the Bulls Eye Cactus! Just a quick look at the site
now. I will study it later tonight. Thank you. This will revolutionize.
Are you looking in Perry? Nutz stuff. Fun stuff. Totally niche.

Thank you Cactus. This does help. Thank you all for your help!

Henry

Henry Grover Jr.
603-498-9474

[email protected] [email protected]

Glass Smart Consulting
http://glass-smart.blogspot.com/ http://glass-smart.blogspot.com/

Thank you Cactus! Excellent company. We will have a lot of fun with it. By the way check out my Facebook Group at
Glass Smart | Facebook Please sign up and help me test stuff.

I am really excited now. I want to tell everyone subscribing to this thread I finally met a silicon chemist today over the phone who wants to work with me. He knows all about Super Soaps and is going to send me two samples. As it turns out the SS will not be based on single molecular compounds as I had thought. But rather they will be based on a formula. So please join my Group and start talking as soon as I can get them out to you.

This is just the beginning by the way. I have many other things in the crock pot. Transformer products to help you make more money.

Henry

Thanx again Cactus. Lankem has been in contact. They have identified the super wetter they have. Only about 29 dynes at a .1 percent concentration. But I think it should work well. It is on its way from what I figure.

Understand this my friends. You are all very much a part of this process!

Everyone please join my facebook group.

Henry

1 Like

excellent!

They just replied. Sample order will be ready by end of week. Lankem seems to be a good company. Can’t drive there though. They are in the UK.

The first two samples of the Super Soaps have arrived! Now I just have to figure out how to break them up to send out to all you betas. But I get to test first. Get ready for the reviews and videos. These will yield 20 to 21 dynes/cm at a .1% concentration.

Henry

4 Likes

Exciting! Def keep us updated :sunglasses:

Didn’t get to test today. Way too much work. But I did crunch the numbers as I drove. I will be sending from these two six ounce samples two four ounce samples per beta tester. You will put four gallons of water less six ounces in a bucket. Then add the entire four ounce bottle. This will give you very close to a .1 percent in water. You will have a four gallon sample to work with. There will be two different samples (two different chemistries).

The idea is to find some hard water. Fill a hand held spray bottle with it. Open the end so it shoots a steady stream. Clean a large window. Then hose off a small area at the bottom with your hard water. It would help if the glass were hydrophobic so there were drops left. Wait for these drops to dry so you can see spots from the hard water. Using the same hard water put the four ounce sample of Super Soap in it. Do the same thing after cleaning the window. There should be no spots as the water sheets over and “scrolls down” the glass. After the glass is dry check for spots. There should be none if you are successful. If so this test proves it is possible to clean glass by rinsing with a high TDS from the tap water, and leave no spots. This is the test I will be doing tomorrow.

Henry

3 Likes

Now I am getting excited. I done did it. Did it on a two by two foot window. I used very hard water which I first tested on the window. It left many spots from the minerals. Obviously a high TDS. Then I mixed up my Super Soap at a .1 % concentration using this same high TDS water. Went over the entire window using a hand held pump up spray with the front nozzle removed for a steady stream effect. This also was hydrophobic glass. Very hydrophobic. So I was using bad water on bad glass! The SS caused the water to sheet over perfectly. Some sudz but they disappeared in a minute. Then the water scrolled down the glass as one complete sheet. It left a crystal clear surface. Not a single spot. There were a couple faint lines from run downs. But with practice I am sure I can control this. It was fascinating to watch. The break line between the dry glass and wet glass was like mountains. It was also graduated by colors. About seven different “layers”. It also had "colored “fingers” that followed this horizontal “break line”. Took about five minutes to dry. Next I am going to cut the concentration from.1 to .05. In half. If this works it will cut the cost in half.

Need to do a video of this test. But I am ready to send out the first samples. Bottom line people is IT WORKS!
I know cuz I did it! Now its your turn.

Henry

3 Likes

Cant wait…

sounds awesome henry