SUPER SOAPS ! Want some?

Super Soaps are here. I just sent out 20 samples this afternoon. More to send out tomorrow. I have experimented on bad hydrophobic glass at a .1 and a .05 concentration with hard water. No problem. No spots. Even did this on a Rain X surface. Same thing at even a .05 %. Sheeted perfect and scrolled off great. I also tested it in my bucket with a squeegee. It worked really well. My next venture is to add a reactive silicone similar to what is in my Soap and Seal to seal the glass too. So a better soap and seal essentially. But that is the beauty of these transformers. I can keep on going one better than the one before because I am NOT manufacturing products!!!

Henry

3 Likes

Hope I’m on that list :blush:

Loving it

Ken/Cactus please send me your shipping address to my email just to be absolutely sure. It will go out tomorrow.

Henry

Is it too late to get added to the mailing list? Would love to try this stuff out. Thanks!

Not too late, just send me your shipping address.

Henry

[email protected]

I received slightly more than two ounces so I mixed it into slightly less than four quarts of tap water (73TDS). I applied the solution with a pump up sprayer to the door glass that had some ram seepage on the top. There were direct sunlight conditions.
The bottom pic is the untouched “before” pic.

I scrubbed with a dry applicator that was fresh from laundering. I rinsed with the spray pumper and did have some sudsing action.
When the solution finally dried there were very small streaks. The streak residue was easily wiped off with my Irish linen scrim.
Temp: about 50 Fahrenheit.
I will experiment again tomorrow, maybe my mix was too rich and I need to add more water?

Yes. I would add a couple more quarts of water. Then when you rinse use a weak flow so there is very little to no sudzing. Sudz will cause the solution to dry too fast leaving long lines. If the rinse has sheeted the glass well it will look like the glass is dry. Also look for the horizontal rainbow. It will move down the glass slowly until it reaches the bottom edge. There should be no spotting either.

Thankyou Malcolm for doing this!

Henry

1 Like

Malcolm’s experiment #2:
Temp: 39F, overcast.
Glass: 2 back windows of van, lots of road dirt on them.
Solution: added 2 more quarts of tap water (73 TDS) to the remainder of yesterdays solution, which was more than 3 1/2 qts of tap water with slightly >2 ounces of the solution Henry sent me.
Sprayer: still had sudsing due to not getting the nozzle to give just a stream.

Sprayed on, wiped gently with e-cloth then rinsed. The window on the right was squeegeed with a 6" Ettore after the rinsing for comparison purposes.
Results: 50 minutes after rinsing I see very fine fingers, probably due to my sudsing with the sprayer. The glass that I squeegeed was beautiful, I would LOVE to use this solution for N2G!

u

1 Like

I can’t post the final pic that shows the fine fingers 50 minutes after the rinse. Maybe I can post them on Henry’s FB Glass Smart page.

Thank you very very much Malcolm! It was a perfect experiment. The problem is obviously the sudz. I will work on totally eliminating sudz. Must keep the concentration the same. Will let everyone know when this happens. My plan is to establish a group of about 20 testers for my custom products. Once the formulas have been proven I will begin selling these as samples. I will keep on writing the Product Development Review (PDR). It will be sent by email. But there will be no charge since I will not be including info on specific ingredients or sources. So anyone can just send me an email and ask. For those who have already paid money for their copies to date please keep the information confidential. Consider it a benefit for your business. It should give you an edge over your competition.

As always I wish everyone the very best.

Henry

1 Like

Malcolm’s Experiment 3:
Temp: >40 F, overcast, wind 6-10 mph
Surface: exterior glass with vinyl letters at a welding shop that I clean weekly with Waxie Liquid Squeegee. Welding shops get real dirty real fast.
Applied with less suds by controlling flow and holding nozzle on the glass. Washed with the applicator that has only been exposed to the new solution. Rinsed with solution with minimal suds due to better nozzle control. An hour later there were no fingers and only two tiny streaks from a vinyl sticker deal that retained solution
that leached. One gentle blot with a scrim and gone.
Pic one is before, pic two is after. I need to learn how to take better pics of glass.
Super soap is good!

2 Likes

Received my samples yet but I’m keen to test and report back when I do

Ken,

I am very very sorry. I had almost ten requests from other countrys and learned the cost was going to be fifteen bux each. So I wasn’t able to send yet for that reason. I am still rather poor. So I need to start with these slowly. But I will absolutely get yours in motion tommorow on Monday. You should get it very soon. Again I am very sorry.

Henry

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks so much for these results. Could you post them on the Group also?

I am going to improve the formula this week. Sudz are the problem as I think we have proved. I have totally sheeted even a Rain X surface with a .05% solution. One other tester showed how he did the same to a very hydrophobic window. The trick is covering the entire plate with the rinse without any suds, and keeping it wet long enough for an even and complete scroll down/slip off.

Henry

1 Like

I got my sample this week lol my gf was wondering why I ordered some bubbles?roflmao.I will follow your directions this week and get the results to you.I live in Vegas so if you wanted to test it with extremely hard water my friend then I have the hard water for you.my water is worse than the national limit on TDS.I sent my tap water for testing and the results came back at 600ppm

1 Like

Excellent Travis! Looking forward to your results. I am working on an improved formula this week. But nonetheless what you have should show excellent results. Just remember to work on a cool day. Overcast if possible. A small window so your solution will slip off completely without drying. When rinsing go for a steady weak even flow. I used a handheld sprayer with the nozzle removed. Then I actually held the tip right to the glass to keep the suds down. We really want to eliminate as much suds as possible. They are the enemy. CrĂ©er un Jet d'eau Parfait ! - Écoulement Laminaire - YouTube Check out this video on making our own laminar flow jet. Jack mentioned doing this. Also when you are done rinsing the window will actually look dry. But it will have a thin film of water. It will begin slipping off at the top and scroll down evenly. Look for the horizontal rainbow. This is the seperation line between the upper dry part and the lower wet glass.

When you have your results please post on the WCR Forum and the Glass Smart Products Group.

Thanx so much,

Henry

1 Like

@Henry NanoUltra Super Hydrophilic Window Technology - YouTube

Malcolm’s Experiment #4:
Temp: >70 F :disappointed_relieved: (Indoors at an aluminum boat welding shop)
Surfaces: 4 interior wood doors, 1 interior metal door (all were painted)
Background: I have been struggling to get these surfaces clean during my weeklycleanings since January. Welding residue from aluminum sticks to and smudges everything. First I tried 409 spray with no results, then Wet Wipes with minimal results, finally got some progress with microfiber gloves with DI then got better results with Magic Eraser. I limit the cleaning to 15 minutes of scrubbing for the5 door surfaces.
I wanted to see how effective theSuper Soap would be on those surfaces as some of the frames I clean are wood or metal and I wanted to see how effective Super Soap would be at removing extremely clingy welding smudges.
Procedures: applied soap with minimal suds due to lower flow and holding the nozzle on the surface. Gently scrubbed with the window mop that only had exposure to Super Soap. Scrubbed for less time and less wear and tear on me than with all previous cleaning methods. Rinsed with minimal suds.
Results: Smudges were gone with only a few very minor exceptions!
Findings: I LOVE Super Soap!!!
Before and after pics of the metal door, sorry the pics aren’t better.

Thanx so much Malcolm. I am thinking about leaving this as a product. I tried another formula today that didn’t work that well. There will likely be many different soaps and additives. Everyone can make up their own blends.

Henry

1 Like