Superpages

okay any good or bad reviews on superpages.com?

I have a few of super hyped up salespeople claiming they guarantee me 25 clicks per month. I told the lady on the phone the other day that I can claim to fart blue bubbles but that doesn’t make it so.

anyone in large markets have any feedback? Before I spend $100 per month?

Yup had this for a year when we owned a motel got 5 - 10 clicks a month not 50 - 100 like they said …But NO actual phone calls came from it which is more important that clicks. I’d say dont bother

I just googled “window cleaning Dallas TX”… You are #3 and Super pages was #7. I personally would only opt for thier FREE listing. For $100/month, there are other things you could do to actually push superpges to page two and not even worry about having to bid against 4 more superpage advertisers.

25 clicks would be $4/click… They’re crazy. When they offer the yellow page Guaranteed calls a month, I would laugh because I know that I get that many calls a month from other ad companies using the yellow pages to get leads to call and try to sell more ads.

Never had many good reviews to say about yellow book. I break even or lose money. I’m still thinking word of mouth. Is number one. web site mail outs number 2. I like the track on the web that can show you who and were your clicks are coming from. Yellow book will take a 2 and turn it into a 20.

Paul
Show Me Cleaning Window Cleaning Kansas City, Missouri, Mo. Kansas City, Kansas, Ks

Paul, the Superpages?

Please, you know better. Don’t let
sales people work you like that. Nobody
uses the Superpages.

SEO is what I would focus on if you are
worried about an online presence.

It’s WAY cheaper to work on SEO

I did it 2 years ago, they suckered me in and I bit. I was stuck in a year contract with them, and they told me the same 2 clicks per month. Nobody can gaurantee ANY clicks. How are you gonna gaurantee what I am gonna do? Its impossible. I was not showing in any organic listings back then, only adwords. So I turned it off in the winter, and I got 25 clicks from New York for 2 months, and nowhere else. Coincidence? I dont think so. No customers, only clicks from some fat bald guy in his boxers clicking once a day on my site…
Dont do it man. Its horrible.

yea just what I thought. I called her back and told her no dice. She said would give me two free months. I told her that if The ad is not producing that I will cancel. She said fine. I’ve marked it on my calendar when to cancel cause I know that these clowns aren’t going to produce.

But hey if it does. It does. But the customer will have to tell me that they found me on superpages before I do start paying that’s for sure.

DON"T DO SUPERPAGES. SCAM SCAM SCAM Hang up call them dirty names until they stop calling you. The lady told me that I was going to get two months free to start out with, then if the ad was producing then I could continue. But I stressed to her that I did not want to pay upfront. I told her I would continue if it was…but i WILL CANCEL if it doesn’t produce…OVER and OVER again I stressed this. She stressed that I WOULD NOT be charged for the first two months.

guess what… I was charged… Called them and I was told that I could not receive a refund. Well I am not through with them by a long shot. Not even close.

Superpages is EVIL… I’m just saying. enter at your own risk

How did they charge you?

in order to get started you have to have a CC# so that after the two months free they have something to start charging you with. Or at least that is all bunk so it may seem. They want the number so that they can charge you period. .
just a little peeved right now.

This is weird but they just called me today wanting me to come onboard. I told them that I have been in the # 1 position on google in the organic listings going on my 4th year. They said that was great but I could get so much more exposure if i went with them:eek:. I told the salesman that he could call me back tomorrow with pricing. I was leaving the office at that time.

After I hung up, I thought about it for awhile and came to the conclusion that if I were on the web surfing for a service company to do work for me, I would start by looking up websites in my local area first to gather information. If I had it in my head that I wanted to use a certain company (referral from a friend or neighbor) I might use yellowpages.com to find them. Last time they wanted me to advertise with them it was over $150.00 per month. What a joke!

Steve

Dispute the charges with your CC company.

Well the guy from YP.com called me back today and gave me his whole presentation on how great it was going to be to advertise on YP.com. I would be guaranteed at least 90 hits on my ad for each month or I will get the next month free of charge. He said that they could plaster my ad all over the net on google, yahoo, and several search engines on the www. It all sounded great until we got to monthly fees. The price tag would be $762.00 a month! 1 year contract. I told him that my marketing budget was pretty much going into direct mail this year and my current Yellow Page listing.

He had me click to a one liner company on their website and said that I could get a no frills type of ad with 3 lines below it describing my company for a price of $539.00 a month! The people and their fees are insane!!!

Tell me what 90 hits means? Does it mean 90 actual residents
in your target market looking for window cleaning?

Hits do not mean customers looking to buy in your area

How can they give you more targeted traffic than Google?

Google is free, if you’re optimized (see thelegendofdoug if you’re
not), so why pay for a half-@ssed search engine NOBODY uses?

Poll your customers to see if ANY use YP.com or SuperPages… I bet
not one.

These companies feed on brick and mortar businesses because they
know us guys have no idea what’s going on.

I would rather pay a few hundred bucks once than $6468 a year. Call
me crazy.

Tell me what 90 hits means? Does it mean 90 actual residents
in your target market looking for window cleaning?

Hits do not mean customers looking to buy in your area

How can they give you more targeted traffic than Google?

Google is free, if you’re optimized so why pay for a half-@ssed
search engine NOBODY uses?

Poll your customers to see if ANY use YP.com or SuperPages… I bet
not one.

These companies feed on brick and mortar businesses because they
know us guys have no idea what’s going on.

I would rather pay a few hundred bucks once than $6468 a year. Call
me crazy.

Paul,
I agree with your post 110%. Hits dont mean Jack Sh!t unless they actually purchase services from you. The rep said that they did some sort of analysis and 90 leads actually came to something like 14 jobs a month (must have a crystal ball). I asked him if I had access to their site stats for my account if I signed on (I was just saying that to back him in the corner) and he said that it was confidential LOL!

I left the message with him that I wasnt interested yesterday and he came back with a price of $179.00 a month:eek: . These guys are relentless!!! I pressed 7 and deleted his message!!!

It’s 5 for me.

Just saw a Superpages TV ad. It appears their USP is a SuperGuaranteeSM.

Yeah, I saw that too. They do advertise that usp alot, even on their site…still not worth it unless they search using superpages huh?!

seven for me t00

UPDATE:

Got my CC company to reverse the charges. what an ordeal! . I mean the guy at super%$#@pages was telling me there was no way he was going to cancel the contract.

I would replay the entire ordeal but everytime I do I get this twitch in my left eye socket. Let’s just put it this way I would NOT recommend them AT ALL.

got a call today from someone from superpages and they said that they reviewed the tape of the conversation between me and the salesperson that LIED to me. They said that from what they reviewed that the salesperson didn’t explain things very well. (well that’s one way to put it) And they said they will now be able to let me out of the contract but they didn’t know about the $99 refund. I said whatever not even bothering telling the a-hole that my CCC already reversed the charges.

Anytime I think about it I may bump this post up from time to time. I just don’t want anyone else to go through this crap. Just a bug up my ass that may never be removed from this little ordeal.