Superstitions

im wondering if any of you are superstitious in the job? . if so,what are you superstitious about?

the obvious one is -dont walk under ladders- but i do that ALL the time,itd be a pain not to.

when i cut down a squeegee channel i wanted it to be 13 inches but 13 is an unlucky number [ i used to live on a U.S.A.F airbase and there were no number 13s on any houses there]
so i made it the cut on my squeegee at a tad under 13 ,for luck.

nope none at all, its all in the head, if you even raise a spec of belief that something is bad luck then the universe will give you what you desire.

the only thing I pay special attention to is safety, for example when working in the hot sun and climbing ladders I make it a point to stop every 10 minutes and evaluate my conditions to be sure im able to be safe.

I do have a weird thing about walking under a WFP while in use. Funny thing is that I’m not superstitious.

I guess we’ll call it “conditioning”.

I never open a closed bathroom door. you never know whats on the other side…just saying

Yellow lighters are baaaad luck… I will not allow them anywhere near me or my trucks.

If I see one, I will literally stop what I’m doing and destroy it.

I’ve heard that about white not yellow lighters, don’t smash your screen.

2013 World Series Champion
Boston Red Sox

If you deposit 10% of your earnings to my Paypal account you will have good luck for a year. [email protected]

Glad I could help you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

The color red. It’s been my vice for years, I haven’t been able to shake it. I don’t own red anything, it’s bad luck.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

And I never open a closed bedroom door

I don’t have any superstitions. Substitions, yes, but not superstitions.

Superstitions is a belief in things that aren’t necessarily true but people believe in them. A substition is a belief in something that’s true but people don’t believe in.

A substition is “if you aren’t absolutely careful on a ladder, you will fall.” Most people think that it’ll never happen to them.

Same here, the color red sucked my nest egg dry so I had to start over… I wouldn’t say it’s unlucky so much as a really bad investment.

But it’s all good, I got a profession that I enjoy and will be able to grow as big as I want. :wink:

Amen!

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

[MENTION=2009]jonnyald[/MENTION] 13 is just a number. No different than any other number. Get over it.
[MENTION=4695]Squeegee[/MENTION]ninja if someone walks under your wfp guess what will happen… They will get wet…WOW…get over it
[MENTION=1736]JfromtheD[/MENTION] yellow lighters are no different than red ones. Yellow is just a color, and a darn good one if you ask me. What color is the sun???
Stop smoking and you will be fine.
[MENTION=27673]ProWindowCleaning[/MENTION] so you don’t use anything red huh?..well that sucks cause every reach it product has red on it. Get over it.

Anyone else need a counseling session…I’m here for you guys. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Quick question : so will you be working next Friday ?

hahah, i always work that day .  im parttime superstitious i guess ! 
but i always remember that U.S. airmen had a thing about the number 13 ,and often had lucky charms too (rabbit foot on necklace i saw several) as i said erlier their houses on an airbase in england had no number 13s.

I look over both shoulders before I fart, but I’m not sure if that’s as much superstition as it is self and professional image preservation.

If you don’t look over your shoulder before , this is what happens

lmao!!!