Tap water to wash windows?

equivalent to what? window cleaning? using tap water to wash windows and saying they are clean? being a professional cleaning company and using water without any solution?
i dont know is it equivalent?
yup… i think so
but whats the thread really about? me saying he charges $10 per 12/12 with storms was irrelevant… i actually truly wanted to know… how clean is a window when it is cleaned with no soap or solution…

are you saying now that mr tap water is a bucket bum who low balls everyone, calls himself a professional window cleaner and is ruining the market all while “cleaning” the window with nothing but tap water? hahahahahahahahahaha

How long does a static charge (that attracts dirt) remain?

The effort to remove the type of dirt associated with most residential windows (they’re vertical on walls) is not comparable to the effort to remove the type of dirt associated with most residential floors (they’re horizontal and frequently walked upon) in my opinion.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I have spoken with Ted about using only tap water. He thinks I am wrong and is entitled to his opinion. I think he puts a lot of effort into his work because I have seen him at work quite a few times. He knows what I think about tap water cleaning and we are still friendly competitors. I won’t be looking for Ted, but if he sees this thread my guess is that he will laugh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

the scenario i laid out for you was very easy to grasp… however, let me explain it to you like youre a 2 year old
would you consider something clean if it is washed, wiped or rinsed with nothing but tap water?

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Yes, in a ha ha way. Ted does hundreds and hundreds of homes with NO advertizing to speak of so he must be doing something right. It’s all repeat and referral business. He doesn’t even send out reminder post cards or make a phone call when they are due for another cleaning. His pricing is very close to ours until we get to the infamous 12x12 combo. Based on his success I am not sure he qualifies as a bucket bumb. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Or he is dealing w/ people that don’t know the difference and are just price shoppers. :wink:

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Thank you Linda,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]You may have solved a mystery for me. Ted and I clean storefront windows on the same street and his windows resoil much faster than mine. It has always puzzled me. How can that be? He leaves no soapy residue on the glass and his windows still resoil quickly. I use GG4 and a drop or 2 of Dawn. Is the static charge the reason?[/FONT][/COLOR]

i dont think he will laugh. we have had a couple of exchanges which werent friendly bc word got back to him that i thought washing windows with tap water was a joke. he took it personally. i dont know the man… i honestly dont care to. i know the reputation behind his business, price super low to get the work and use tap water to wash windows. we both know he has a lot of connections around where we live and thats why he has the business he does… however its mostly bc people dont know the difference
google his business… he is NO WHERE

Of course you would ask that Larry. Off the top of my head, heres what I can tell you. glass is an insulator meaning electrons can not move freely from atom to atom, therefore electrical charges will remain in place on the glass where friction AKA Rubbing has occured until they are removed by some substance that a exerts a greater force on the electrons.

Any chance I can get a refund on the last ten minutes of my life I just wasted:D

Such as heavy wind, a hand touch, or a bird strike?

Won’t a charge dissipate over time?

Okay Larry. I suppose the charge may dissipate overtime, due to things like sunlight, humidity, dog noses, festive window clings . But, by the then the damage is done. Dirt has already beed attracted to those static charged windows.

Jay, refunds in the mail for the last ten minutes.:slight_smile:

We wash our clothes w/ soap, we clean our dishes w/ soap, I wash my truck w/ soap, hell I even shower using soap… :confused:

Gross!!:slight_smile:

never knew being clean could be gross. :confused:

But aren’t you clean just using tap water?

nope… Will the shower remove the oils from yur skin without soap? This is gettin stupid

See, now we’re back to square one. It’s a stupid debate. The answer is obvious.:rolleyes: