Technique to get reviews

A little trick I’ve started using is - after asking if they’d be willing to leave a review - ask if i can show them on their phone/tablet how to get to my review page. Basically, we look it up together and literally all they need to do is write something.

I think this has several benefits. 1. They definitely find the review page. 2. They won’t procrastinate cause they literally already started. 3. They are excited in that moment about their windows so it’s the best time to get that excitement in writing. 4. They know you know they know where and how to leave the review. 5. No review link email that potentially ends up in spam.

I’m gonna continue trying this out. Not appropriate in every case, but i think it works.

6 Likes

You can also text a link to your Google review page.
That’s something I need to be more diligent about.

6 Likes

This is what i was doing before (well, email usually but sometimes text). I feel like this added step will get more results. We shall see.

But i will say how critical getting reviews is. Several times this season people have called me because of the reviews. That, and i actually respond.

2 Likes

That is a great idea.
Okay, how do you get a google review page to begin with?
Is google the only place you use? Do you use Yelp or any of the review places?
I need to research this.
Thanks for any input.

1 Like

I prefer to funnel all reviews to one place and i prefer google cause everyone googles stuff (well, 80% of people).

Google Google My Business. It’s free to set up and fairly easy.

1 Like

FYI: It is against Yelp’s official policy for you to request a customer to post a review on Yelp. I don’t believe any other service has such a restriction.

1 Like

Funny…some services like thumbtack actually are after you to aggressively solicit reviews.

I admit I have based some of my purchasing decision based on review count alone. I have google them and rarely have I used Yelp, but I think it’s good to be on both.
I don’t have a problem with companies asking for a review. I don’t have a problem of someone offering a discount or giving enticements for an “honest review”. I think it probably has a pretty high ROI when it comes marketing. I’ve had a few friends say they think doing this cheapens the value of their work…they have zero reviews. I think they might be losing work the longer they are in business and have zero reviews.
Thanks, I’ll look into Google My Business

I use both forms. I show them on a phone after the job and send an automated email with links to the review page. I get a couple a week I think. It has helped immensely I might add. It’s crazy how much business we get from our reviews. I won’t offer discounts or incentives since that is illegal but if you ask nicely most people will do it eventually.

3 Likes

Great point @WVWindowWashing!

If you want more reviews, ask at the right time. When? Check out:

https://blog.nicejob.co/post/the-3-secrets-to-getting-more-reviews

2 Likes