Tell me why I am wrong

Hello all,

I was on this forum a few years ago, I started a summer window cleaning business between college years and gave it up once school started again. I have since graduated worked a couple “real jobs” and have always had the itch to have my own business. I found when I initially had my business it was my girlfriend and I in an affordable apartment and I was going back to school anyway so I didn’t put alot of effort. We have since started a family and have a mortgage so I feel I have grown and have more incentive. I hate the idea of being an employee, building someone else’s empire while committing 50 weeks a year, 40 hours a week with little flexibility. I brainstormed many business ideas and window cleaning always seemed to make the most sense. My vision is, little to no overhead, scaleable (owner/operator to big company), flexible (I can work as much or as little as I want). There are many other thoughts but I could write a book. I don’t want to get rich, I want to spend more time with my family while building (slowly) an asset.

1 Like

you are not wrong.

1 Like

“I don’t want to get rich, I want to spend more time with my family while building (slowly) an asset.”

There are only two options, living paycheck-to-paycheck raising a family is not the better of the two. There is no reason for you to work every day or limit family time while building a healthy business. Some business choices are so demanding that all you see is “I can’t stop”. This business actually allows you to be a little more flexible but if you ignore rainy days as an after thought you will always be searching for your next meal.

Just some words to think about.

Best of luck to you and your new family.

2 Likes

Most will agree here, owning a window cleaning business is a great choice and provides a happy life.

Starting out, sales and finding enough jobs will be the big bottleneck. Some folks transition from a part time steady job and book window jobs around those hours until they need more time for window cleaning and go full in which is definitrly safer.

I personally went all in on window cleaning to put all energy towards it. Im glad I did but there were definitely some tights months financially and since I have no dependants it was easier than perhaps having a family like you said. Just some things to think about, which Im guessing you know already. Best of luck with it!

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4xOA_SyEP8

You have the technical skill sets. Next step is correct business building skillsets. I’ve been window cleaning for 23 years here in NC and have shifted gears in my career to help others get to where they want to go. I call it WindowWashingWealth.com. Feel free to check it out if searching for some answers. I can give you some pointers by phone also. My team and I are on a mission to change the lives of window cleaning business owners (new or seasoned) by giving you the very best tools and strategies that are working right now, helping you develop or reignite the passion for your business. If you’re struggling on what to do next, I’ll show you exactly what worked for me step-by-step as I started at $0 business and grew it into a massive million-dollar success story.