The Downstream Conundrum

Question ive always had:
Why aren’t more guys using a variable pressure wand to down stream?

This reduces the need to make trips to the trailer to turn on and off.

What am i overlooking? I used one all year last season and it was a dream.

1 Like

All you really need to do is switch your nozzle from low to high pressure to stop the suction through you ds.

1 Like

Your over looking the the understanding of downstreamimg.
The bigger offerice is what creates the Venturi which In turn draws the solution out, Then when done soaping switch to a smaller tip an that stops the flow of soap, An just water comes out .
So you would want 4 tips on a JRod one set would be for soaping high/low
The other set would be for rinsing high/low.

I’m shocked you don’t know this, but then again you just were doing commercial right ?

The smaller the tips the higher the pressure

1 Like

I posted this on the wrong forum.:relieved:

Right but that still is a hassle. With variable pressure you would be essentially doing the same thing but quicker.

Yes , but that thing is so freaking heavy , here come the gym jokes :angry:
I get it go to the gym. I’ve been more gym than most , just don’t have the energy theee days :sob:

Gun 6” lance an JRod. That’s all ya need for most stuff.

F[quote=“Bubble_Guy, post:1, topic:46500”]
used one all year last season and it was a dream
[/quote]
With the variable isn’t only possible to use 2 tips ?

I do have been using it for quite some time, but when doing high stuff it doesn’t really do the job I have to change the variable part of the wand and fit it with a different soap and rinsing nozzle but for the general day to day it works great.

1 Like

I had never heard of this variable pressure wand before. But I can tell you why I don’t personally use higher pressure tips for rinsing:

Oxidized siding. And I’m using an undersized injector to maximize my draw with 200’+ of pressure hose. So I would need to use way too much pressure to get the injector to stop sucking. I’d much rather take a 2 minute walk to the trailer to flip open my injector bypass and get full flow.

Btw, I thought you were getting out of the pressure washing game?

One, (maybe both?) were QC. I think one was a 25 and the other was a soap or 40 tip.

Ah, that’s what I thought. So, extended wand? Or easier to just use a shooter tip? Yeah, I do only flatwork…

I am. Still interested in the industry. Maybe I’ll get into house washes this year :thinking:

1 Like

Shooter tip, tbh as soon as you start putting extensions on the wand the soap will not flow anymore

1 Like

These are good for one story work , but for 2 story plus you need a 0 degree tip

1 Like

Tbh it’s much easier than commercial work, and a natural add on to window cleaning. You could build a sweet little rig on an aluminum flatbed trailer and tow it behind the Prius.

1 Like

You’ve probably seen this already, but this is my jrod setup for housewashing:

1 Like