The most powerful marketing tool ever!

well said and thats the beauty of our job every week, 2weeks, month, 6moth, year we give our clients
a fresh new way to see the world from their place of work and their homes so that they to can change
how they see them selfs and what they do.

That is awesome man. Great post. Very true. A posative healthy attitude goes a long way.

Being new to the window the cleaning business I agree you have to do what you love. I retired from driving a truck for 30 years and when I said I was going to clean windows people thought I was nuts. I look foward to the days I have jobs to do the work is not easy but I enjoy it and take pride in the finish product. Good post
Doug Ricks Gimmee water Window Cleaning

How true, thanks for the reminder to be thankful and happy for what we have and show it.

Totally agree, I worked all my working life as a maintenance fitter up until 10 years ago working 3 shifts. Then one day i decided to have a sea change that’s when I moved into the window cleaning business.
At first my friends thought I was mad. I could tell that they thought it wasn’t a proper profession but now 10 years on they look at the time I start work… usually at 9.00am finished at 3.00pm and the money I make. Now they ask me if I could hire their kids.
This business offers us all a great lifestyle and isn’t that what we all want…no stress… no huge overheads…meeting nice people…out in the fresh air…what could be a better way of making a living?

Just like creating a TV series, you can create each episode just prior to publishing it or you can create multiple episodes and schedule their release. A Podcast accommodates both your schedule and your listeners schedule.

I truly believe that your customers notice your hard work and dedication. For some people like I, we have chosen window cleaning and try and try everyday to perfect our skill. I have noticed from when i started and now, that the more you perfect your skill, the more referrals you will get. also your customers like to see the effort that you want to work. i pass out an average of 2000 flyers a week and i stay busy every all day. or at least try too.

Great post!!! It is so true! Our clients notice our positive attitudes! Show them you love what you do! The referrals will come!

Chad Provost
337-230-0126

Thanks for that advise. I’m just starting out in the business waiting for my cards to come in so I can hit the streets to get some business. I could use all the help I can get. I have been a carpenter for the last 26 years and am tired of working for other people and my success is in their hands. The downturn in the market has really shut down the construction industry. I need to go out on my own and build my own business. Any pointers to help me start out would be appreciated.

Frankman,
Good attitude! Unfortunately I personally know friends in the construction industry, its all but shut down. Glad to see your not waiting around for success to find you but searching or it. This is a good trade to learn and to grow with. Your experience will help you tremendously, I worked in construction for a small number of years. Knowing ladder use and tools of the trade in roofing, siding, seamless guttering and remodeling has come in handy. I don’t, but many here offer certain repairs with their services. I am sure the window cleaning service business would be a good place for you! Welcome to the biz :slight_smile:

Bailey. Your business is a direct reflection of your strengths and weaknesses. Make your image and attitude a strength and reap the rewards. Inspiring post.

I agree! Good post and Good advise!

“If your not where your at, then your no where.”

Taking pleasure in your work is the only way of dealing with life. If you cant enjoy a job well done, no matter what the job, then you wont enjoy much in life.

great post! My dad had the most loyal customers you could ever find because he became part of the family. gotta be the right kind of person to pull it off, but just being conversational and happy goes a long way. That’s what will get you back the second time; and you can pretty much charge whatever you want within reason.

Great post I could not agree more! Everyone I meet I talk to them about pressure washing services. I always throw in window cleaning as a bonus too! :smiley:

I have come to the conclusion that you can be the worst window cleaner in the world, but if you’re customers love you than they will call you. cleaning windows is more than getting the glass clean. Its spending time with your customers. Being frendly and paying attention to the small details is key. Learn the name of there dog. I always do great work but the down side of socializing with customers is the time. sure I can plug in earphones and not pay attention to my customer. But if I connect with them on a personal level were good to go!

Thanks for posting this. And your right your attitudae can make the world of difference.

I’m very Happy to have found this thread. It can sometimes be morally deflating when our friends, family and former colleagues tell us Window Cleaning isn’t a job… I have struggled with the bad perception (some) have of window cleaners. I always remind myself that it is my responsibility to change their opinion. It will take time but whenever I am feeling down, or avoiding sales calls I donate my time by cleaning windows of the Cancer Soceity, Big Brothers, Or Monuments and Memorials in my area.
It’s not to earn Brownie points, it is just to make myself feel better about what I have chosen to do. I do this because I get almost immediate satisfaction. I’m making a difference. Previously I worked in the Oil Industry and the difference I was making was negative and I was miserable.
I’m slowly recovering from that, and becoming less reclusive and more sociable everyday,

whatever happened to Bailey?

Very inspirational - Excellent post! Puts things in a killer perspective. Thank you. Driving me to push into Spring with renewed spirit.