The Official Samurai Boab Thread

Yeah, it’s been a really interesting journey. I had no idea what it took to make a boab when I started. My first 2 designs were impossible to mold. So we had to make some changes but the design just clicked and it really got me excited. The last minor change was right before Christmas and boom, it’s super super sweet now.

I hope to be there and take video of the first buckets coming out of the machine. Then maybe video of them being assembled with child labor (My son really really wants the entire set of lego ninjango mechs so hey, I got a job for him all ready).

1 Like

Very cool. You are right. You have no idea what goes into making something until you start putting everything together. Then when you see your finished product you will say…“Wow! All of my hard work really paid off. This boab rocks!”

Keep us posted. We are anxious. Hope to have one by the end of the summer.

sniff, sniff…some people were missed…

3 Likes

Hey man! What. Is. Up! You know you’re gonna get one. Gotta get you selling them out the box!

5 Likes

Love how you worked your Aztek design into the logo!

1 Like

Hey man, good to see you up on here. I tried emailing you a while back but guess I didn’t have the right address. Email me at jared at aztecinnovation dot com.

Yeah, I haven’t decided whether to include the AI logo or not. I’m thinking of just making it plain. Which will help with printing the stickers and whatever else.

If at all possible, I would keep it.
But can see why youmay not want to.

Same email address, but I get spam email up the ass.
(I must have pissed somebody off, somewhere.)

I get about 100 emails per day. lol

2 Likes

Send me an email so your spam filter will recognize me or Vox me at jaredai!

Just got the mold drawings from the injection company. 224 components involved. I’m only concerned with 7 of them surrounding my design. I’m pretty sure that most of those components are just boilerplate type things that go into every mold, but dang. Flipping through the layers of the drawing is very interesting.

4 Likes

Big o’ chunks of steel

6 Likes

When is the official release date?

1 Like

I was taking to them today but don’t have any firm dates yet. They’re still cutting and they’ve got a lot of cutting. They need to get it right because I’m only paying for one mold and one chunk of steel. After cutting it goes to heat treating which is two weeks and no shortcuts.

I’m still hoping for end of March early April.

Also talked to them about some interesting color options. Not sure if camo is a popular color or not…

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply. Really looking forward to it.

1 Like

Update: The mold is back from heat treating and now they have to fit it to the mold base and all the “fiddly” bits that go into the mold. I hope to have a firm timeline this week, but we’ll see. This stage is sort of “it takes as long as it takes”…

1 Like

Thanks for the update Jared, Im looking forward to owning one!

1 Like

I am sure you don’t want to rush them. Thanks for keeping us posted.

1 Like

Oh I totally want to rush them!

First look at the actual bucket:

made-in-the-usa

5 Likes

I dont get it, is it a pouch?

Kind of looks like a rendering of the bottom end of the bucket. Am I right, @JaredAI ?

2 Likes