The Pivit Tool

On another thread Seth Fenster sparked my interest in a tool I have seen in hardware stores but know very little about. It’s the Pivit Tool.
[FONT=Verdana]What are your thoughts on the Pivit Tool and ladder levelers?[/FONT]

You’ll see on that other thread my comment that I love my PiViT ladder tool.

Ya, I know, that’s why i am asking why.:o

I don’t have to mess around with levelers (added weight, additional point of failure, additional inspection time, etc.)

I feel very secure.

My perception of its versatility (indoor/outdoor, different angles, etc.)

It’s black like our President-elect!

Thanks Larry,
Your comment (added weight, [B]additional point of failure[/B], additional inspection time, etc.) says enough for me to try a pair. :smiley:

I’ve never been a fan of modifying ladders with levelers. Main reason being that moving parts can fail.

Most people that I have talked to about the Pivit Tool seem reluctant to try it because they think it’s going to be a pain in the rear to have to carry an additional item around with them. It’s not a big deal. You can hook the Pivit tool on the ladder to move to another side of a house.

Also, it’s pretty rare that I am having to use a leveler on every single window on a house. I also use sectional ladders which eliminate the use of levelers in some situations because they are so versatile, so the Pivit Tool only gets used minimally per house, if it all.

My Pivit Tool is mostly used for windows in stairwells. I love it so much that I bought another one a few years ago and keep them both in the van at all times.

So basically I highly recommend the Pivit Tool and can not say enough good things about it. It even has a place to hold things like extra towels or even a sandwich.:wink:

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Thanks Seth,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]The levelok ladder levelers weigh a ton. Sometimes I use a middle section as a base, if I’m only up 10 feet or less. I know it’s wrong, but I don’t want to lug the heavy base around. I guess I’ll be visiting the hardware store. Thanks again. :)[/FONT][/COLOR]

One more question.:o Do you use ladder shoes with the teeth on your base section or is it plain?

Plain.

In fact I’m due for some new ladder shoe plugs for both my base sections. I just put it on my Winter to do list. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks. I bought a PiVit tool yesterday. So it’s a plain base section and the pivit tool. :cool:

Hey Mike, you bought it locally or online ?

I called WCR but they didn’t have it. So I went to Sherwin Williams and got it for $75. I have seen it on line at window cleaning supply houses for $99.