There are a ton of pricing threads but this is the most current RESIDENTIAL ONLY!

Currently what do you charge for residential window cleaning and what is included? Please use a 1 pane example for int and ext separately and combined, and to further illustrate please use 30 panes as another example to clarify. Assuming you have liability insurance, workers comp, uniforms, website, customer service, company vehicles that look professional etc. Otherwise its comparing apples to oranges if you don’t. Assuming you have all this and possible more included in your price, what do you charge per pane?? PER PANE MEANING: per surface.

In other words, if a single paned window ext is 1 pane, and the int of this single paned window is 1 pane, then int and ext in this example of a single-paned window is 2 panes when counting interior and exterior. OR 30 panes ext and 30 panes interior become 60 panes total. So following this simple rule we charge $4/pane for exterior only which becomes 30X$4= $120 for exterior we discount to $3/pane if you combine the interior at the time of service or if you go on a recurring basis where we just show up and clean on a set schedule. The interior and exterior and exterior combined become $6/pane for interior and exterior of the same pane so a $1/pane discount on the exterior when adding the interior or when being put on a regular interval of quarterly exterior.

Exceptions and extra charges:
Exceptions: Extra small cut ups or commercial style small stacked panes below 6 ft., jobs more frequently then quarterly.
Extras: Extra large panes are double or maybe triple in extreme cases, 2nd story and above add $2-5/pane, hard to reach, oxidation/overspray/hardwater etc addl price varies on the last few.

Free inclusions, Winsol screen cleaner and sealer on initial clean free dry brushing thereafter, wipe water off of frames sills and open side of tracks, drop cloths, shoe covers free five day rain guarantee up to $100 with call back and the stuff mentioned above.

add ons: Screen Magic $5-$10 per screen, tracks $2-$5/per, Mirrors $2-15$ price varies, light fixutres cheapest was free for elderly person most expensive was $400 had 240 individual pieces of crystal above a staircase on a $3k cleanout job for a 6,000 sq ft home (you can see pic in my website gallery), blind dusting $3-$5 per blind, fan blade dusting $2-5 per fan, cobwebs $10-$40 per area price varies. Soon adding pressure washing: gutters, decks, patios, driveways, siding, etc.

I hope I didn’t forget anything.

2 Likes

Residential pricing I do 25 panes for $135. each additional pane is $2.75

Each pane is per side, standard patio doors = 2 panes in or out, 4 panes in and out.

This excludes double hung windows with inserts which would be (8 panes)$25 per set and French windows require site visit.

So minimum of $135. I don’t travel for 99% of my residential bids, this saves time and money. Screens extra, doesn’t matter window size or which level of house its on as all houses in my area have some big windows some small.

I price this way so anyone else can price a job, homeowner or my employees.

5 Likes

Oops missed this part

30 windows outside only $148.75
30 in and out $231.25

4 Likes

20 windows outside only $120 plus $1 per screen

$8 per window in + out (1st floor)
$12 per window in + out (2nd floor)
$16 per window in + out (3rd floor)
$3 per screen
$3 per track

5 Likes

100k per pane…oops wrong thread…

9 Likes

doing a pane on both sides doesn’t make it 2 panes, it’s just both sides of the 1 pane, therefore…

we do $3 per pane for exterior only and $5 per pane for inside and out. both include dry brushing of the screen.

30 panes would be $90 if we’re only doing the outside or $150 to do inside and out.

6 Likes

yeah i guess technically you’re right thats funny i’ve read some pricing threads that make no sense and now i feel i should have wrote that differently but in other words if you clean the exterior you are cleaning a pane 1 time and if you are cleaning the pane inside out you are doing two pane cleanings but its still 1 pane I basically want to know what everyone is charging per pane per side instead of 1 pane inside and out because some guys do inside out for 5 bucks and others do inside only for 5 bucks per pane. thats where i was trying to separate the confusion i would like to know what is being charged per side of 1 pane and if you do inside and out of 1 pane what do you charge then is it discounted?

Someone needs to fix cost helper they say you should only have windows cleaned twice per year and only up to 7 dollars per window AND THAT TRACKS AND SCREENS SHOULD BE INCLUDED AS WELL AS INSIDE AND OUT FOR THIS PRICING! WHAT A CROCK!! AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY LOOK THEM UP AS A REFERENCE I LIKE TO CLEAN 4X YEAR AND I CHARGE MINIMUM 6 PER WINDOW PANE INSIDE AND OUT SCREENS ARE FREE BUT TRACKS ARE EXTRA ESPECIALLY WHEN FULL OF DIRT! COST HELPER YOU LIE!!! AND ANGIES LIST PRETTY MUCH PLAGARIZED COST HELPER SO SHE LIES TOO!!!

2 Likes

I prefer to just pick a number!!! I get over front England you know…

Everything I saw there seemed pretty fair.

You guys should add at least what@state you are in when posting prices.

New York ( long island )

$4 in + $4 out + 4 per screen ( since i wfp i tend to charge same for box windows or larger windows within reason )
Now french cuts i HATE so $2 per pane per side

Regular at least once ever 12 months get a little discount and it very much depends on the windows.

2 Likes

Damn, I don’t understand how some of you guys are able to charge that much per pane. Our market just does not allow it. Can anybody tell me at what ratio you close residential jobs at the $8-10 per pane price? Unfortunately, I get a lot of balking if I try to hit that $5 per pane mark (inside AND out, including tracks, screens cleaned. At these prices, using trad method I can still hit $80 per hour consistently, but I really would love to break into a higher target price per pane.

What state are you in ??? I ask because $5 per in your state might be like $15 per in NY …i have a small ranche in a decent town but nothing special at all and my house was 400k total gut and 12k a year in taxes and thats not bad at all … figure my most clients about twice that in house cost and taxes but many are 5 times that … 100k per family in ny to actually have a house and live in is very hard while say where my parents are in las vegas 100k per family is REAL SWEET MONEY

I am in Oregon. It’s a resort town with a lot of out of state money coming in from places like Washington and California. So, there is money here. But it’s seriously saturated in this area. There are over 10 google ads running for window cleaners and probably over 40 window cleaning companies in the area. This city has no real economy besides our tourism, so when people want to move here, they typically are forced to start their own business. I’m lucky I have blind cleaning, or I’d be out of luck. Population is around 90,000 but over 200,000 in a 30 mile radius. It’s not huge, so you can see that over 40 companies is A LOT.

1 Like

I see, thou big cities = tons more companies as well … i know a few years ago we had over 2k registered cleaning companies in ny ( figure in MANY un registered too ) but back on point the state location you r in has affect on window price just like any other business …

1 Like

Crazy Question… I was Born and raised on the Oregon coast, lived in Portland, and after a stint in New York, I now live in the central Willamette Valley… We have resort towns??? Bend Area?

1 Like

Yes! I live in Bend!

2 Likes

Awesome!!!

1 Like

18 Likes

Garry that is plain awesome. I need to finally do something lile this fpr my web site. It sure makes it easy for clients to figure their own estimate amd if they like they just call you .

How about a big window on top of front door in entry foyer . Like a 6x8’ window ??? Still $5 per side ???