Three Kinds of Microfiber

I saw micro fiber towels broken down into three categories on a window cleaning suppliers website. Smooth, Terry Cloth and Textured styles. What’s the difference in performance?

Now that Unger has discontinued scrim I’m thinking about using micro fiber, the big ones. Which one or style is best?

Personally I think Microfiber sticks for detailing. It’s more for wiping sills.

Did you try the JoAnn’s scrim alternative?

why not a huck towel? I’ve personally never used one myself but everyone talks like their are the bizniz

At the Norwex demonstration i went to they used the terry to wipe up the mess (Vaseline) and the smooth to dry and buff. The results were amazing.

Smooth mircofibre is great for detailing.

2 Likes

Yes it is. The smooth green ones unger has, called microwipe, is great. They also have a blue smooth one that’s good, a little bit thinner and cheaper.
Terry towels microfiber doesn’t work good for detail.
I heard a lot of people in uk started to use the fishscale microfiber.
@jonnyald @Trad-Man you use them?

1 Like

ive tried a few microfibres, not worth having onboard is my conclusion , not even good for wiping the van mirrors with . thats a point ,theres a microfibre came in my van for wiping the dipstick,guess what , it wont wipe it cleanly in 1 pull

my opinion on micro is A. i hate the feel of them B. every one i tried was no good because they clog up quickly

ive noticed that the UK people who really rave on about microfibre are usually also selling them and/or quietly getting some as a freebie kickback .

3 Likes

I have found microfibers to not be good for detailing, but great for pickup.
One exception I would say is Geerpres, which we use for office cleaning. Hucks are still better imo.

3 Likes
2 Likes

So far I haven’t seen a good reason to buy a micro fiber towel for detailing glass because I’ll never buy one from Unger and I don’t have a dog.

not used the fish scale ones. just smooth microfiber for glass and unger heavy duty microfiber cloths for frames and sills

1 Like

I just started using these for touching up and they are AWESOME! I’m buying some of the bigger ones on my next purchase.

2 Likes

I recommend the grey Ninja one. Same material and doesn’t show all the dirt stains.

1 Like

Really? Good to know. That is a downside of light colors. I use red microfibers for cleaning out sills and tracks. It helps with hiding the dirt a little. Same with the red microfiber strip washer from Unger.

1 Like

Probably4-5 years old and still clean up amazingly well. And i use daily. If you dont like corners they can be trimmed off. Did that to a few myself

2 Likes

@SwissMike @Mr.Glass

Do you guys use this for detailing the edges or just for spot removal?

1 Like

Lately just for spots. I prefer huck towels on the sides, but sometimes I use the microwipe because it’s already in my hand. I just don’t like getting them dirty. Here’s a pic of the ones I have. Theyrebpocket size.

1 Like

Idk why the pic did that!

And this is the one that works like the green one? If so I might try one.

I believe the material is a bit different. I dont have the green, i have some older yellow ungers that i cant find anymore but i love em. And mostly for spots, i will use for detail on bleeding tdl’s tho

1 Like